Chapter 53

"Oh my god you are a lazy bit of shit!" Sam laughed as Gary turned in the bath tub. "It's not my fault" He leaned back against the side of the bath. "Hmmm" Sam dampened Gary's hair then reached for the shampoo bottle. "Ewww, not that. I don't want to smell like a girl!" Gary playfully complained. "Shut it or I won't do it" "Fine" Gary huffed and folded his arms.

"Oooooh, Sam. Don't stop...... That's so nice" Gary started rolling his head around on his shoulders matching the pattern Sam was massaging into his head. "Alright, head under" Sam spoke as if she was talking to a child. "Awww" He pouted. "Later yeah Gaz, I'll give you a massage. How's that sound?" "Oh I love you". "Head under" Sam repeated. "Errr, I can't, you'll have to use the hose" "Did you forget to tell me something Gary?" Sam questioned. "Umm, no" he reached for the head and gave it to her. 'Ill ask him again later' Sam thought.

****

"Marko!" Gary greeted as Mark walked into the room. "Gaz!" Mark went running over and gave him a tight hug. "What happened Gaz?" Mark sat on the bed beside him. Gary cleared his throat, "Well you know I tell you everything," Mark nodded "Well this time your going to have to ask Sam. I've already told her, I can't do it again. Just take her out of the house. Maybe out for dinner. Chloe will get upset if she hears you talking about it." "Alright" Mark nodded smoothing Gary's sticking up hair with his hand. "Sam's shampoo" Gary grunted. "Oh, that explains why you smell--" "Like a girl?" Gary interrupted and raised his eyebrow. "No, I was going to say like coconut" Mark smiled away at Gary.

*****

"You sure your going to be fine?" Sam asked Robbie and Chloe as they were pushing her out the door to where Mark was waiting in his car. He was taking her out for dinner as Gary suggested. "Yes, we can handle the Barlow. Even if he gets grumpy. Now go!" Rob pushed her out the door and she skipped down to Marks car.

***

"Your not skipping dinner Gaz, no way. Sam would kill me!" Robbie was fighting with Gary about eating. "I'm not hungry Rob!" "Well see, now I know your lying!" "Rob!! I'm not eating!!" "Oh my god! You two need to settle down, Gary here, eat this." Chloe barged in and shoved a piece of dry toast in Gary's mouth. He reluctantly started chewing the first mouthful. 'I hate you' he mouthed to Sam.

He finally ate the last bit of toast. Chloe and Rob were watching him like a hawk. "Happy? Do I get a drink now?" "I'll get you some water" Chloe walked into the bathroom and came out with some water. "Errr, what's that coming from behind you Rob?" She asked, squinting out the door. "Are you burning something in the kitchen? It looks and smells like smoke." Chloe shook her head. Suddenly the lights around them went off, and everything was black.