Chapter 88

"Gary, wake up sleepy head" someone tickles my chin with their nail. To be honest it feels like a fly. "Go away" I mutter, pulling the bed sheet over my head only to have it ripped back all the way to the end of the bed. Did I mention I got a little hot last night so I went to bed naked? "Oh fuck" they gasp and I feel the sheet be thrown over me again. I feel a sharp sting on my face as a hand slaps against it. "Ow!!" I whine, rubbing my cheek and sitting up in bed. "You, for lack of a better word, dick! What if you were sleepwalking!! You know there are other people in this house!" Ellie screams at me red faced. I just snicker at her "I'm really not bothered you know" I shake my head, a smile forming at the corners of my mouth. "Your not that perfect bit of meat you use to be Barlow. You might be fine showing your pristine manhood around but just a reminder that your back and arse have been torn to shreds with scars."

Ouch, that stung. I drop my gaze to my lap and consciously tighten the sheet around me. "I suppose your right" I mumble, not making eye contact. "Shit, I'm sorry I didn't mean to say that" Ellie quickly apologises and sits beside me on the bed. "No your right. I'm lucky I have Sam cos no one would want me now. I'm just damaged goods. All those people who want me naked or shirtless in a photo shoot wouldn't waste their money. I don't think I'm ever going to the beach again" I continue to look down until Ellie forces my gaze up. "Don't be stupid, as much as I don't want to see it I still like it" she grins at me. "Your just saying that" I look her in the eyes sadly. "No I'm not. And do you know what I reckon? I reckon that you should get your shirt off, hell gat naked! Show them how strong you are and show them how small they are compared to you" She nods, a smile plastered on her face.

"Anyway, I came to tell you something" she changes the conversation. "You mean your not mad at me anymore?" I force a smile. "On the contrary, I should of let you out earlier. Rose has been a big help." She keeps on smiling, jeez man stop it, you infectious. "What did you find out?" I ask. "Lots, for starters she is Max's little sister. And he hasn't come up with all this by himself, apparently he's working for someone but she doesn't know who. We're pushing her for a location but she's not being helpful any more" Ellie stands up and stretches. "He's working for someone?" My voice is almost inaudible. "Yeah, I'm sorry Gaz"

Max's pov

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck! I look at my phone and see the caller ID. Fuck! I take a deep breath before answering the call. "Hello?" "I- I can explain" "No it wasn't my idea but she wouldn't listen!" "Oh shit, Christ, fuck! Umm what do you want me to do?" "Are you sure?" "Okay then, I'll call you when it's done" I throw the phone down at the table when I get hung up on. Reaching into the bin I pull out the papers I screwed up the other day. I'm going to kill that fuckin whore!