Chapter 93

Ellie's pov

"What is it Gary?" I ask concerned as I see his expression. Something's wrong. I peak over into the box. Holy fuck. I quickly grab at my radio and call down to the gate "Stop that postman! And send someone to me" I scream. As much as I don't want to look, I have to check the box for anything else. I grab a pair of gloves from the under the sink and slip them on. Reaching into the box I pull out a stamped envelope. It's addressed to Gary. He's currently sitting on the floor, again. Taking a knife I slice open the letter and read it in my head:

My first experiment. I've kept it preserved. Thought you might like to meet your test tube baby.

Jesus Christ. I reach into the box and pull out a jar with a foetus inside. This is just sick.

"Ellie?" One of the men addresses me as the enter the house. "Mmmm" I mutter, eyes glued to the jar. "The postman is detained, what happened?" He asks looking at the jar. "Someone sent this to Gary, I think the bad guy is getting desperate." I say, packing the things back in the box. "I need you to get this to forensics. The envelope is stamped so they might be able to pull DNA from under it. Autopsy the baby, I wanna know if it's Gary's.and there is a return address, it's probably bogus but check it anyway. Go now and make it quick." I tell him passing him the box.

Mystery bad guys pov

I hope that teaches the fucker a lesson. Why can't he just take a hint and leave the country and never come back? That's all I want. To dominate this country and the world. If he keeps resisting, I'm just going to have to end this myself.

That night

Gary's pov

How did my life get to this? I just wanna get back to the things I love. Music and my family. I'm sick of all the safehouse and body guard stuff. I want my life back.

I hear lily start to cry, I guess it's feeding time. "I'll get her" I tell Sam and get off the couch to get Lily. She's in her cot kicking and screaming. "Come here little girl" I whisper. "Uh oh, maybe I should a let your mummy do this" I groan as I smell she needs a change. I put her on the change table and fix her up before carrying her out to the kitchen to fix some formula.

After feeding her a carry her around the house, trying to lull her to sleep. I walk past an office where Ellie and a bunch if guys are hanging around a set of computers. "What's happening?" I ask. Ellie walks out and shuts the door behind her. "They found trace amounts of saliva on the underside of the postage stamp. They're running it through the system looking for a match now. Whoever this is obviously has never seen and episode of csi" she laughs. Okay that was funny. I let a small smirk play at the corners of my mouth.

"Why are you up here?" She asks me. "Trying to get her to sleep" I nod down at Lily. "Oh, well it looks like you've had success." Ellie smiles. "Yeah" I sigh, not daring to stop rocking her in case she wakes again. "Gary, the return address on the package wasn't exactly a bogus address" she keeps her voice low. "Where was it?" I ask pricking my ears up like a cat. "Your house" she deadpans.

"I don't have a house anymore, remember you made me sell it?" I glare at her. She made me do it and that's annoying even if I was going to sell it once Lily was born. "Okay old house. Anyway I sent a team and they said it didn't look like anyone had lived there since you moved out" "Oh?" I question, I'm not sure where she's going with this. "So we followed the information and payment details of the buyer and hits a dead end. These people are real good" she shakes her head.

At that moment the door bursts open. "Ellie we've got it. A 100% match! We know who's doing this!!"

**a/n I love my imagination, even if it's over the top :)**