Chapter 17

The doctor walked out to the waiting room her the man who was with him had now been joined by 2 women and a baby. "Which one of you is Mrs Barlow then?" "Err, there isn't a Mrs Barlow" Mark started answering but Sam jumped up and started rambling "I will be soon, how is Gary? What happened? Where is he? Can i see him? Is he going to be alright? Oh my godd! Tell me what happened, how is he???" "Miss please calm down" He grabbed her arms an lead her over to a chair. "Mr Barlow is in a serious condition. We don't believe it to be life threatening, but he will need to be monitored 24/7 for a couple of days" You haven't told me what happened!" Sam whined "That's because until results come back from the tests we have done, we don't know. We have him on a mild sedative but he is still awake, there is not much we can do for him other than make him comfortable, until the results come back" "Can I see him?" "I'll just go and check if they're done changing him, won't be to long" the doctor left the room and went to check on Gary.

"What happened Mark?" Sam's voice was barley a whisper, as tears threatened to fall. "Sam I dunno, he was fine until we got up and left. We were almost at the car and he collapsed, he went into some kind of fit. I didn't know what to do" Sam got up and started pacing the room, waiting for the doctor to return. "Did he tell you anything?" "Yeh, he did" Mark looked down towards his hands "He told me every little detail you could imagine" "I'm sorry Marky, I didn't actually think he'd tell you" "Yea well, maybe you need to believe in him a bit more ye-" Mark was interrupted as the Doctor came back in "Miss, ahh?" "Rigby" Sam supplied "Yes Miss Rigby, He is ready to see you know, but I'm afraid just you" She eagerly jumped to the heel of the Doctor as they went to see Gary. 

As she walked in the room she noticed that Gary looked terrible. His face was as white as the gown he had on, his whole body appeared to be covered in a sweat, his lips were cracked and dry and he had dark circles under his eyes. She ran to his side and sat down in the chair beside the bed. She took hold of his hand ans started stroking his head. He turned his face so he could see her.

His eyes fluttered open and she was struck by their piercing green, it was the most colour on his face. "Gary, baby....." She couldn't think of what to say, she just buried her head on his shoulder. She felt him trying to move underneath her so she sat back up. He tried signaling to the nurses working on the other side of the room. One of them came over and sat him up and held the water up with the straw at his lips. He drunk all they would let him than was sat back down. He looked over at Sam who was biting her lip "I'm sorry" he whispered in a dry and croaky voice.

**A/N sorry its abit short, I couldnt think of anything, plus i fell like crap :( Do leave your feedback please, and i will try to do more tomorrow, because i love you all :D Jeeessss xxxx**