Chapter 48

Sam wondered into the police station. She'd lost the colour in her face and she could be mistaken for a homeless beggar. "I need to sleek to Maddie" she sold the lady at the front desk. "Erm, sorry who?" "DCI MADDIE LESLIE!" "Oh, I'm sorry ma'am she's in a meeting right now. If you take a seat she shouldn't be to long, or you can come back later?" "Fine ill wait"

Half an hour later

"Excuse me, DCI Leslie has just finished her meeting, she would like to know who is asking for her?" The lady came over and interrupted Sam's staring into space. "Sam, tell her it's Sam and I need to see her right now!" "Okay Miss, can I get you something to eat or drink? You don't look to good" "JUST GET MADDIE" Sam yelled.

**

"Sam! What are you doing here?" Maddie asked as she rounded the corner. "I I needed to see you." Sam stammered. "Sam are you okay? You look a bit pale." "Gary" was her response. "Sam I said I'd tell you the second we hear anything" "He called me" "WHAT!"

*********

"Now, maybe that will teach you a lesson!" Max pulled out of Gary for what seemed like the 100th time and finally put his pants back on. He hadn't stopped for what seemed like hours. Gary was half conscious, and numb from the hips down.

He must of fallen asleep and started dreaming or maybe he was hallucinating, he thought he saw a heap of people dressed in black, with guns and lights. He thought he saw them shoot Max. Then he dreamed he was on a soft fluffy bed, it was all white and green. There were people being nice to him and he could finally see the sun. Feel the sun rays on his skin, and the warmth coming from them.

There was someone who was much nicer than the others. She was talking to him, stroking his cheek softly, planting kisses along his dirty for head. The words she whispered were comforting words. He wanted to stay with her forever, she was his guardian angel.