Chapter 41

******just letting you all know this chapter is written a little differently to go with what's happening, so just a heads up! :D******

Sam opened her eyes and saw yet another hospital 'fuckin hell!' Gary was sitting beside her, he looked a total mess. She tried to move her head to see who else was in the room, but she couldn't. She started to panic and shake. Gary noticed and shouted out to someone 'whoa, not so loud big boy'

"Sam," someone twisted her head and she was staring at a very handsome young doctor, "Sam my name is Doctor Toby Street, I need you to focus on my voice" he shone a bright light in her eyes. "Okay Sam how are you feeling? A bit dizzy and a bit of nausea? That's from the drug you were given, it contained a slow acting sedative and very powerful paralytic-" 'And yadda yadda yadda, I don't care what your saying! How's my baby, is he alright? what about Gary, he looks shattered and not to mention terrified! Oh god what about Nichols! Is he dead oh no!' "- 3-4 hours, if that's alright and your next of kin consents. 'Hang on what! Go back! Say that again'

Gary came and with shakily hands tilted her face towards him. 'He's not going to be writing any songs with those hands' "Sam, I think it's for the best. It's alright you won't remember a thing, it will just be like a second for you." He looked up at Doctor Toby, 'Toby, hmmm sounds like a dogs name!' "I'm giving my consent" he told the doc. 'Hold up, for what!! Grr this sucks!!' Dr Toby got out a needle and inserted it into her arm. 'Ouch!! That hurt'

Her face was moved to look at Gary, 'awe man, I just wanna hold you!' He smiled at her and stroked down the length of her hair. She closed her eyes and started to drift of. 'Why and I feeling sleepy, what have you let them do to me Barlow! Hey wait, was that Leslie? Was she crying? Oh who cares! I'm going to sleep!'

*****

"I'm so sorry, this if my fault" Gary was outside Sam's room with Leslie, "Don't be stupid Gary, I gave him this assignment, I knew it would be dangerous."

Sam was awake and could just make out what they were saying. 'Okay, let's try this, OH MY GOD YES, FACE TWISTED!! Ahhh yes!! Hand and arm moved! Now, lets try this voice.' She took a deep breath "Garrry!" 'Oops, that was louder than it was meant to be!'

"Sam your awake! And moving, and talking! This is great, I'll go get the Doctor" Gary beamed as he walked in, but it was a show, Sam could tell. "Gary wait! What happened?" "Errr, since you've been in hospital, or...before?" He asked nervously, looking down at his hands. "Since! What happened is my baby alright!?" "Err, I'm guessing baby's fine, I'm hoping. They haven't really said much about baby" Gary admitted. "Well go find out!!" He ran out of the room 'whoops, shoulda asked him how he was, he was in the same room as his rapeist. Hmmm, I still don't get why he did that?"

"Hello Sam, how you doing?" Leslie asked and took a seat beside her. Her make up was run down her face and Sam could tell she had been crying. "Actually, pretty terrible" "Could of thought that, if I can do anything to make you feel better, let me know yeah?" Sam nodded, "How's Nichols?" "In surgery, they don't know if he'll make it" "oh, I'm so sorry. Wer- were the tow of you close?" "It's against all our policies, if anyone found out we'd both be thrown out on our arses....." "I think all that crap is bull shit, if you love someone you can be with them. End of story" "I wish it worked like that"

"Sam!" 'Oh look, it's my puppy dog, good ol Doc Toby.' Gary walked along behind. 'Uh oh' "Sam we have your scans back" "And what!! Am I going to die!? Come on, spit it out"

"It's the baby"

**a/n sorry, but I really like this cliffhanger business!! Loveuall :) jessssss xxxx**