Chapter 63

"No! Don't do that, I'm fine" Sam screamed. "Sam baby, your not fine" Gary sat beside her and stroked her hair as she stared into the bucket she was holding. "Gary please" she whispered. "Errr, what do you want me to do?" The nerdish guy who bought the bucket in asked. "Just, give us some space thanks" Gary told him and he left the room.

"Come on baby, lie back" Gary prompted her back against the head of the bed. "Do you need anything?" Gary asked her. "Glass of water would be nice" "Okay, I'll be right back" he got off the bed and walked as fast as he could to the door.

Soon as he shut it behind him he was swamped by the geek. "What's wrong with her? Do you need any help? Why was she naked? Is it the baby?" He asked adjusting the thick glasses resting on his nose. "Just,, go back to what you were doing" Gary sighed and headed for the kitchen. After a through search through most of the cupboards he found a small glass which he filled up with fresh water from the fridge then went back to Sam. "Here you go" he said softly passing her the glass. "Thanks.....what's the time?" She asked sitting the glass down beside her. "Bout 4. Are you alright?" He looked her deep in the eye. "Yeah, I was dreaming." "Dreaming? About what?" She didn't answer but instead threw him a sarcastic look. "Oh, so your alright then, both of you?"

"Can we just go back to sleep? I'm exhausted, we'll talk in the morning I promise" Sam whispered and slipped down the bed. "Oh great, thanks for telling me I didn't have any clothes on. Now I'll never be able to look at that guy again" Sam grumbled into the pillow. "Hey what are you talking about, I just walked out there in my boxers!"

****

The next morning

Sam and Gary walked out in to the kitchen together, hand in hand, both wrapped in their dressing gowns. Ellie was standing by the toaster waiting for it to pop. "Oh god no, go away. I can't look at you! Go do dirty kinky things somewhere I can't see. And leave a sign next time or at least shut the door!!" She yelled as she ran off somewhere else in the house. "Thanks for the toast El!!" Gary yelled back at her and picked up the fresh toast. He held it up to his mouth and was about to take a bite when it disappeared from his hand. "Oi!" He argued when he saw that Ellie had returned, "I was going to eat that!" "Yeah well, too bad. I cooked it."

"Oh my god is she alright? How's the baby? Was it anything serious?" The nerd was back. "Dude, shut up. What's wrong with the baby?" Ellie asked Gary. "Nothing" Gary shook his head. "Why did you want me to call an ambulance then?" He asked. "False alarm, just go away!" Gary was getting agitated. "Is everything alright?" Ellie asked. He nodded his head and walked off with the other slice of toast.