Chapter 49

He was being pushed down a long corridor, all he could see was fluorescent lights blurring bye. There were about 20 pushing him, they were all doing something to him. Most of them were prodding their hands everywhere it hurt. But right next to his head, leaning over him, was his light in the dark. His angel.

*****

Sam was sitting beside an unconscious Gary, it was about 7:30 when he finally come out of surgery. He had been cleaned off, there was no dirt or blood left on him, but he was covered in bruises and cuts. It also looked like they'd trimmed his beard, it was scraggly, but no where near as bad and long as it had been when they found him.

Sam was feeling a it queasy and rested her head on the bed.

*

She must have fallen asleep because she was awoken by someone stroking her hair. She opened her eyes and saw very long fingers stroking over her eyes, her eyes followed up the length of the pale arms they were attached to. She looked up and saw Gary staring down at her. He looked bad, really bad.

"I missed you" he croaked through suits in and around his mouth and bruises around his neck. "How are you" he asked. "Gary, I'm so sorry!" Sam broke down and cried into the sheets. "Sam" when he got no response he forced himself to sit up in the bed. He picked up her face in his damaged and shaky hands and pressed his lips to her forehead. "What's wrong baby? I'm here, safe for good this time" she just buried her face in his white hospital top and kept crying.

There was no way Gary could have known that the major reason she was crying was because if the pregnancy hormones. Speaking of, "Gary I'm sorry" she pulled away, got up and ran out of the room. She found a bin before she saw the toilet. She sunk down beside it and emptied her stomach. She felt someone behind her and instantly thought it was Gary. But the fingers pulling her hair back were to short and thin, and the nails were to sharp. It was just a nurse.

"Are you alright now Ma'am? Just a bit of morning sickness is it?" Sam nodded, "Can you please go tell Gary that I'm sick, I'll be back in a moment" "of corse"

*

"Mr Barlow, your wife sent me. She wants you to know she'll be back in a moment, she's just got a bit of morning sickness. But it's night, still sometimes that happens to people. Just cos its called morning means that's when you get it." The nurse turned and left the room. Gary managed to lay himself backdown, he turned over and faced the wall and let the tears fall down his face.

A couple of minuets late a weight was pressed down on the bed beside him. Cursing himself for letting his back face the open he reached for the call button. But then butterfly kisses were pressed along the back of his neck and along his shoulder and it was like a light being turned on in his head. Sam.

*****

3 hours later

It was almost midnight. Sam and Gary hadn't really spoken. They just fell asleep together. They were woken by someone saying their names and shaking them. "Guys wake up! It's important!" It was Leslie. "Whatttttttt!" Sam groaned, turning over. "I'm posting a high security team in the hospital and personal guards for your selves." "Erm why? I thought you shot him" Gary groaned. "The transport taking Max to the station was ambushed. He's escaped!"