CHAPTER 040

My eyes shot open when I felt someone shake me awake from my slumber. I sighed in relief when I saw that it was only Rosie.

"What is it, Rosie?" I asked worriedly as I sat up. It was still dark outside meaning I have been asleep for less than an hour after feeding Kaya and going to bed.

"Sultanim, someone broke into the harem and killed one of the maids, Naime Hatun" Rosie said. I gasped in shock and pushed off my covers.

"What happened? Who is this Naime and why did you wake me now?" I asked standing up from my bed. I couldn't hear any of the children make any sounds meaning they were fast asleep.

"Sultanim, the Valide Sultan is asking for you in her chamber" Rosie explained. I nodded and immediately changed into a simple dress before pulling some of my hair back and placed on two simple earrings.

"Do you know why she asked for me?" I asked Hundi as we walked down the corridor leading from my room to the harem.

"Sadly no, she has asked for Mahidevran and Hürrem Sultan too," Hundi said

"Sadly no, she has asked for Mahidevran and Hürrem Sultan too," Hundi said. That made me relax a little.

I walked into the Valide's room with a frown on my face. She was sat on her throne as usual with her sleeping dress and robe on while Mahidevran and Hürrem wore simple dresses like myself.

"Validam, you asked for me" I bowed to her

"Validam, you asked for me" I bowed to her. She nodded her head and stood up.

"Now that Qamar is here I can start. You three have heard of what happened to Naime less than an hour ago" the valide started. I stood beside Hürrem who seemed less than thrilled to be stood beside Mahidevran.

"Yes Validam, my maid Rosie woke me to the tragic news. My condolences" I bowed my head followed by Hürrem.

"And you three also may have heard that I planned to send her to Suleiman so tell me which one of you three did it?" She asked snapping at us. My eyes widened at her statement. Send her to the halvat? Since when has she made that decision? I looked at Hürrem who seemed as equally confused.

"Hürrem you have a history of doing crazy things to keep women away from my son" the valide accused stepping closer to the red-haired.

"Validam I swear to you on my children's lives I didn't do it nor did I know that she was meant to be sent to his majesty," Hürrem said almost pleadingly. The Valide turned her gaze to me.