CHAPTER 018

I sighed in relief as the carriage finally stopped and we reached our destination. A hand appeared through the blinds, I took it and stepped down beside Suleiman who was the one to help me down, I looked at Hurrem who was glaring at me since Suleiman helped me down the carriage and not her. I helped Mustafa down the steps and wrapped my arm around his shoulder to comfort him, this was the furthermost he has ever been from his mother and I know it must be hard, I miss the twins as much as I know Mahidevran misses Mustafa.

"When are we going to start training father?" Mustafa asked eagerly bouncing on the balls of his feet making me chuckle and look at Suleiman.

"Calm down Mustafa, let us settle down then we will start immediately" Suleiman ruffled his hair before walking into the castle with Hurrem trailing in behind him with Mehmed.

"Come on, you will be staying with me" I led him into the castle where one of the maids showed me to my room. Mustafa changed his clothes before we walked out to the garden with my hand in his, Mustafa was using me as a mother figure while his mother was in Istanbul and I didn't mind the sweet boy wasn't being treated fairly.

"Go to your father" I patted his shoulder with a soft smile as he grinned and ran over to his father. I sat down on the throne they got me beside Hurrem who sat on cushions on the floor with her son and Helen my maid with Osman in her arms.

"You seem to be getting pretty close to Mustafa," Hurrem said looking up at me

"You seem to be getting pretty close to Mustafa," Hurrem said looking up at me. I could see how much it bothered her to sit on a cushion while I sat on a throne.

"I don't see how that's any of your business," I said back giving her a smile knowing that Suleiman could look at us any minute and I don't want him to get angry or mixed with our problems.

"Well since he is not your son I thought maybe you wouldn't like him" She shrugged her shoulder handing Mehmed something to eat.

"You thought wrong" I answered plainly turning to watch as Mustafa made a perfect shot. He turned to look at his brother who started clapping for him and when Osman saw Mehmed clapping he did the same making me smile.

"Good job, Mustafa," I said loudly for him to hear. he grinned at me and nodded in thanks for the encouragement.

"We should go inside, it's getting dark," Suleiman said after a while walking over with Mustafa who had the biggest smile on his face.

"And it's getting colder, we don't want the children to get sick" I stood up and pulled off the extra shawl they gave me to cover myself and wrapped it around Mustafa's shoulders who smiled at me and held it close obviously cold.

"Come on" I held Mustafa's hand and walked in beside Suleiman with Hurrem and the maids behind us with the children.

After Suleiman and Mustafa changed their clothes we all sat in the main wing around to eat dinner after feeding the children so we could eat in peace, which was my idea.

"That artist Leo, he's really talented," Suleiman said after swallowing a spoon full of food. I could see Hurrem's mood change immediately at the mention of the man.

"I've heard a lot about him but still haven't got the honor of meeting him," I said taking a sip of my juice.

"You've seen his work in Hatice's castle and he's also drawing a portrait of me," He said smiling at me. Suleiman has always been interested in new things.

"Maybe he should draw a portrait of us," He said turning to look at me bopping my nose making me giggle. I looked at Hurrem who was frowning and raised my eyebrow, it didn't look like she was sad about the affection Suleiman was showing, it looked like she was sad about something else.

"I don't think that's a good idea," She said breaking my and Suleiman's bubble. She couldn't let us have our moment without opening her mouth, could she?

"Why not?" Suleiman asked raising his eyebrow at her. She cleared her throat as she thought about an excuse.

"He can't see the women of the castle" She answered. That was a good comeback and I will give her credit for that.

"I can give him permission to" Suleiman shrugged his shoulders and turned back to eating. I smirked at Hurrem and took another drink from my drink.

"Don't open the door" Mustafa explained earning our attention as he tried to stop Mehmed from opening the cage.

"Esme, Helen take the children to bed it's getting late" Hurrem ordered. It annoyed me that she ordered my maid but I let it go.

"Excuse me, Osman only sleeps with me" I stood up as I explained. Suleiman nodded for me as my permission to leave, I bowed ignoring Hurrem's smirk, she thought that because I left Suleiman will spend the night with her despite it being my turn.

"Come on darling" I pushed the covers over Mustafa who snuggled closer to his pillow probably exhausted from training. I looked at the bed beside his where Osman laid, my boy was growing up fast, he could already walk and say a couple of words.

"Take care of them" I ordered Helen who was already in her sleepwear, she bowed as I left before laying down in her own bed.

"I thought you will be spending the night with Hurrem," I said when I saw Suleiman sitting on my bed watching me as I interacted with his son from another woman with a soft smile.

"It's your night, not hers" He answered opening his arms for me to sit on his lap. I sat down and wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in a sweet kiss before we both changed our clothes and laid down in bed.