CHAPTER 053

"Sehzade Mustafa is waiting for you in the garden, he seemed really excited to visit the hospice" Rosie spoke as she pulled on my coat. My maids had already dressed up and got ready before me so we don't waste any time and leave early and return early back to the palace.

"Good, I'll be done in a minute," I said back and started buttoning up my coat. Now that Mustafa and Mahidevran came back I'm sure the peace in the palace will be broken and the balance we created will change and one side will have to tip over and fall but, that side will not be me and of course not Hürrem because, in the end, we were still a team.

"Let's go" It was snowing the entire day yesterday and even though the snow didn't stick for long because of the rain but the air outside was freezing cold and I didn't want to get sick right now

I walked out of the palace and into the garden where a carriage was already waiting for me. Mustafa was standing in front of the carriage talking with my personal eunuch Halil agha conversing. They stopped as I came closer to them.

"Sultanim" Mustafa nodded his head at me. I nodded back only to be respectful and I didn't have anything against Mustafa other than the fact that I feared he would kill my children when he becomes sultan many years from now hopefully.

"Mustafa, Halil, let's go we can't keep the people waiting for long," I said. Halil helped me into the carriage while Mustafa chose to ride on his own horse. The ride to the hospice was short and quiet. The silence gave me time to think and wonder if Mustafa was that cold and heartless to kill his own brothers if he ever got the honor of rising on the Ottoman Throne, it was the law after all and no Sultan has ever broken that law since it has been announced publicly. The scared part of me quivered, that part of me I feared even more than the fear itself, why? Because every time it took over me I act irrationally to protect myself and those I love from my origins fear.

"We are here, Sultanim," Halil said snapping me back to reality. Halil got out first and then helped me down the steps. Over twenty families were standing at the doors of the hospice waiting and anticipating a better life.

"Sultanim, May Allah protect you to your children"

"Allah is so generous for sending an amazing woman like you Sultanim"

"May Allah grant you with more sons Sultanim"

The prays and nice words of the people warmed my heart and made me blush a little, these people were suffering and were searching for a little hope and they found that hope in me and my act of help. I smiled and nodded at some of the people who yelled out a prayer at me. It was no secret that many people adored me for my hospice but even more people loved me because of the simple fact that I bore the dynasty eight children that four of them are sons.

"The people love you Sultanim" I turned to my right to find Mustafa had quickened his pace to walk alongside me. When the people saw him they threw prayers his way too. That made me afraid too, the people loved him without even getting to know him a lot yet.