CHAPTER 010

"Take care of Osman while I'm gone" I instructed Rosie as I fixed my hair.

"Aren't you gonna take him with you to the party?" She asked bouncing him on her leg.

"No, the party is outside and I don't want him to catch a cold," I said turning around and facing her. She nodded her head and turned back to Osman. I walked over to Mehmed and picked him up from his crib before walking out of the room.

I walked down the harem watching as the girls watched me walk through. They all seemed shocked that I was the one taking care of Mehmed while Hurrem was away. They all thought I would try to kill him the second she was away but they were wrong.

I walked into the Valide's room and bowed to her. Hatice sultan walked over and took him from me. Today was her engagement on Ibrahim pasha and we would be celebrating all day.

"How is Osman?" The valide asked from her throne. I looked at Mustafa who ran over to his aunt and started talking to his younger brother.

"He's been perfect Sultanim, he's been eating and sleeping well," I said. She smiled at me before turning to Mehmed.

"Mehmed has been good too sultanim," I said looking back at Mehmed who was giggling as his brother littered his face with kisses.

"Good, let's go then" she stood up and walked out first

"Good, let's go then" she stood up and walked out first. We all followed her out to the gardens where a lot of noblewomen were waiting for us. I knew this wasn't Hatice's first engagement but she still looked very nervous.

I was shocked when the Valide made me sit on a small throne opposite Mahidevran. She was sitting on a throne because her son was the eldest my son was the third to the throne and that makes her of higher status. Beside me on another throne sat Hatice and his sister Beyhan who had arrived earlier today.

"Sultanim, I'm Qamar his majesty's favorite" I introduced myself to her. She smiled kindly at me and nodded.

"Yes, prince Osman's mother, I know you," she said and turned to her mother. I looked Mahidevran who was watching her son run around with other kids.

I watched as Daye hatun walked over to the valide with a worried look on her face. She bent down and started speaking with the valide but couldn't hear what she was saying but I guess it wasn't something good because the Valide's face changed from happy to sour.

I looked down at Mehmed who sat in my lap, he let out a happy noise and bounced up and down making me chuckle at him and push some hair back. I looked up to be met with Hurrem walking over, I couldn't say I was exactly shocked to see her but I still wasn't expecting her now and today.

When she reached us she bowed before walking over to the Valide and kneeled down in front of her. She took her robe in her hands and kissed the fabric. She stood up and moved to Hatice Sultan and Beyhan Sultan and kissed both of their robes too.

She stood up and moved to stand in front of me. I looked at her before my gaze moved over her shoulder to see Suleiman standing there watching her with a hint of a smile. I looked behind him at Ibrahim pasha who nodded at me which of a way to tell me to let what was happening just happen.

I turned to look at her, she looked down at me with discomfort but kneeled at my feet anyways. I looked up at Suleiman and this time he was looking at me. I smiled at him and turned to Hurrem, she was reaching for my robe but I stopped her. She looked up at me in confusion.

"You don't have to kiss my robes for me to forgive you Hurrem especially in front of your son. Now stand up" she smiled at me before getting and moving to Mahidevran. What happens between them was none of my business. I know that Suleiman will be happy with me for doing this and being the better and bigger person in this situation.

When she stood back up she turned to me. I stood up and handed her Mehmed. She was given a cushion to sit on which made me feel a little bad since my son was younger yet I was given a throne.

"Validam, if you'll excuse me I have to check up on Osman," I said turning to her. She nodded her head, I bowed before leaving the gardens for the harem.

I walked into the harem to see barely any maids in since they were all out in the gardens. I walked over to Halil agha who was stood talking to a Kalfa. He turned around and bowed to me.

"How did she come back so easily?" I asked taking a piece of hair in my hand and started to play with it to let some of my anger and nerves out. Just because I was nice to her doesn't mean she will be.

"Hatun, Ibrahim pasha said that she was innocent but he didn't tell her so she would apologize and kiss the robes of the sultanas and you" he explained. I sighed and turned to watch as a Kalfa passed by.

"I didn't let her kiss my robes, I felt bad and besides Suleiman would be prouder," I said. He smiled at me before I left him to go to my room.

I walked into my room to see Osman asleep while Rosie was fixing some of my clothes

I walked into my room to see Osman asleep while Rosie was fixing some of my clothes. I looked at the extra crib feeling a little sad that it was empty now, the prince has really grown on me recently.

"Tell aghas to come and take the crib back to Hurrem's room, since she's back" I order her. She bowed and left in shock.

I sat down on my couch as the time passed not feeling like going back to the party anymore so I told Rosie to tell them that Osman was a little tired and I wanted to stay with him.

As the night fell Rosie took Osman to the extra room and went with him leaving me alone in the room. I looked up when the doors opened to show Suleiman. I jumped up and bowed to him keeping my head down.

I was expecting him to be with Hurrem now and not here with me

I was expecting him to be with Hurrem now and not here with me. He placed his forefinger under my chin and pulled my face up to look at him.

"You did good Qamar," he said. I knew he was referring to what happened at the party.

"I did what was right," I said back smiling up at him.

"You proved to me that you are worthy to be a sultan's wife, loving, caring, and forgiving," he said. I looked up at him with a raised eyebrow.

"From today and till forever you will be known as Qamar sultan"