CHAPTER 100

"May Allah protect my Murad from all the evils in this world" I mumbled under my breath. I watched as Suleiman stood up from his throne and moved to stand in front of Murad who had just made his oath to the empire. He picked up the sword from the table and held it out to Murad. Suleiman himself aged the jewelry on it while I sat beside him. The sword had a blue velvet as its covers and it was filled with blue gemstones to protect my Murad.

"Sultanim, we will be late if we stay any longer" Hundi reminded me from behind me. I turned around with a small smile and nodded. I looked down at Korkut standing in front of me looking out in wonder and longing to be the one receiving the sword.

"Take the children to their rooms" I ordered the maids. They bowed and escorted the children out one after the other. I smiled at Kaya, she was such a beautiful girl and needs a match soon as she was seventeen, and Beyhan was sixteen also a beauty.

I made my way out of the tower of justice and made my way to the harem. The maids were running around preparing for the ceremonies. I resumed my way up the stairs and into the Valide Chamber. Ayse was standing in front of my mirror with her maids fixing her hair and dress. She looked breathtaking in her red dress, it was a shame it will go to waste.

"My darling girl" I whispered stunned by the amount of beauty Suleiman and I had created. She turned to face me with a sad smile on her face.

"Do not worry dear, Halil will not leave you for a second and he will fix everything" I placed my hands on her shoulders. She pulled my right hand off and kissed the back of it respectfully.

"I will always be loyal to you mother and accept all your decisions with open arms and heart" she promised. I felt my eyes tear up but pushed back the tears and pulled her in for a hug. She hugged me back tightly.

When we pulled away I pulled the crown and veil off the pillow and pulled them over her head. Ayse took a deep breath before bowing to me and left with the party that will escort her to Ayas Pasha's palace.

"May Allah guide you my dear" I whispered. She will be gone for several hours only, not even a night but a mother cannot help but worry.

"Have you prepared Şırın Hatun?" I asked Bidar. She stepped over to me from the door and bowed.

"Yes Sultanim, she will be sent to Sehzade Murad the second the sun sets" Bidar answered. I nodded sighing. I eyed the boxes that were being prepared for my departure in three weeks' time.

"Melek Hatun? Is she still locked in her room?" I asked moving to the mirror. I removed my earrings so I could put on a different pair before going to Suleiman.

"Yes sultanim, even Sehzade Osman only meets here through the window" Bidar responded. I nodded and turned back around to face her.

"Had Hundi chosen anyone from the palace for Rosie yet?" Bidar looked nervous with all these questions. She must get used to them, she will take Rosie's place as my second hand until I can find younger staff and send the old ones to their rightful places, with their husbands.

I made my way down the golden road with a frown on my face and a lump in my throat. I prayed over and over again that Halil was successful because it was my own daughter and sisters in the middle of the game.

"Inform his majesty that I'm at his door" I ordered the guard

"Inform his majesty that I'm at his door" I ordered the guard. He bowed his head and stepped into the Sultan's door. I took a deep breath to control myself and plastered a smile on my face by the time the guard returned.

"Welcome in, Sultanim" the guard bowed again. I walked into the room to find Suleiman sitting on his couch. I stepped closer to the couch and bowed to him.

"Come, my moon" Suleiman patted the space beside him. I picked up my dress and sat comfortably down beside him.

"Are the children gone yet?" Suleiman asked. I fixed my posture so I was facing him fully.

"Do not worry, Ayse went to Ayas Pasha's palace and Murad is with Mustafa pasha meeting some of the Janissaries" I replied. Suleiman nodded his head satisfied. A sudden and urgent knock on the door made us turn in confusion. Sümbul ran into the room panicked and bowed to us.

"What's the matter, Sümbul?" Suleiman asked worriedly

"What's the matter, Sümbul?" Suleiman asked worriedly. He stood up from the couch and I followed. My heart was beating at a faster pace awaiting the news.

"Ayas Pasha, he suffered from a sudden heart attack and passed away" Sümbul shivered under the glare on Suleiman's face. I sighed in relief as quietly as possible so Suleiman wouldn't notice.

"And Ayse, where is she?" Suleiman asked stepping dangerously close to Sümbul.

"Sehzade Murad immediately went to retrieve her here so she can begin her mourning and waiting period" Sümbul tried to calm us down. Suleiman rubbed his face looking defeated.

"Qamar, go get me information from Ayse" Suleiman ordered. I bowed and left the chamber with Sümbul trailing behind me. I was glad Suleiman chose me to care for Ayse and her questioning.

"Bring me Ayse the second she arrives here and send Hundi to get the midwives and check on Melek, it's been a couple of days, I want that child alive in Manisa" I ordered Sümbul. He bowed and scrambled off to do as I ordered. I made my way to one of the many rooms in the harem. The two maids at the doors pulled them open for me. My face was neutral as my breath got stolen away the more I stepped into the room looking over my three sisters.