CHAPTER 028

"Sultanim, the gold is here" I looked up from Osman who I was fixing his clothes. Hundi was stood in front of my door with a maid behind her holding a heavy box, I signaled for her to bring it over, the maid kneeled down in front of me with the box still in her arms, I pushed it open and looked inside of it at the golden coins glittering against the sunlight, I never in my life imagined owning so much money.

"Great, wait outside" The maid got up and bowed along with Hundi before they both left me along with Osman.

"I will be leaving now, don't give your teacher a hard time" I kissed Osman's forehead as he nodded before getting up and walked over to the door.

"Mommy" I stopped walking and turned around to look at my beloved bot, he jumped up from the couch and ran over hugging my legs tightly before Rosie pulled him away to get him to his classes.

I walked down the hallway reaching the harem where all of the girls got up and bowed to me with their heads bowed down. The maids on my left were glaring while the girls on the right were smiling, on the left side were Mahidevran supporters while on the right were Hurrem and my supporters, Mahidevran was not the most loved in the harem which caused this break up between the girls which I took to my advantage along with Hurrem.

I walked into the Valide's room with Hundi and the maid behind me. She was sat on her throne with Hatice Sultan beside her, I bowed to the both of them and nodded at Gulfem who was sat on the floor.

"Validam, I came here to give you the money I will be using for my chambers, these are all from my personal vault and they are for the unnecessary decorations" I smiled at her and the maid behind me walked over and showed the box to the Valide.

"Perfect, Daye hatun, take the money and from tomorrow start making deals with the aghas" The Valide ordered. Daye Hatun bowed before leaving the room with the maid trailing behind her.

"If there is nothing else you can leave," She said seeming stern, she was obviously in no mood to talk or be in anyone's presence. I had to hold back a frown at her words but contained myself.

"I wanted to congratulate Hatice Sultan, may Allah bless your pregnancy," I said bowing my head to her

"Thank you, Qamar" I bowed to the both of them before leaving. I stopped in front of the door when it closed feeling my blood boil.

"Did you see how they treat me and Hurrem? They used to love me but now because the Sultan married me they're acting as if I'm their enemy when their true enemy is their pride and greed" I growled to Hundi who nodded her head sadly, she hasn't been here long and she could be sending what I say to Suleiman but I didn't care, I didn't say anything wrong.

"Come on" I sighed trying to calm myself before walking back down the harem ignoring the whispering maids, its as if they don't have anything else to do but gossip all day, especially about me, Hurrem, and Mahidevran.

I walked to my new Chambers that was now almost empty and some things were wrapped in cloths so they could be taken out of the room. I walked over to the teras door and pulled it open smiling as the soft breeze pushed my hair back, I walked further towards the railing and leaned against the marble loving the feeling of the sun on my skin.

"You seem to love this new chamber," Hundi said walking over to where I stood. I turned to look at her from the beautiful garden below.

"Of course, it's a huge room that can house me and my children comfortably and they can play without restrictions with a teras for spring and summer besides.." I trailed off looking into the distance.

"Besides?" Hundi asked taking an eager step closer to me. Hundi was a woman in her mid-thirties while I was barely nineteen years old. It was not a shocker that I had four children at such a young age because it was something normal here in this castle, I heard one of the late Sultan Selim's sisters was married at thirteen.

"I can see Suleiman's terrace from here, whenever I miss him I can walk out here and look up" I answered looking up at the teras then back at her, I had to do a double-take when I saw her smiling, this was the first time I saw her smile in the past week she's been here.

"You want to know if the sultan has other women with him" She pointed out

"You want to know if the sultan has other women with him" She pointed out. I sighed shaking my head and looked back up at the empty teras.

"No, I know he has other women with him, or have you forgotten Hurrem and Mahidevran even though I doubt he touches Mahidevran when he asks for her," I said feeling my heartbreak at my own words.

"Nonetheless, let's end this heartbreaking conversation and go get ready, Hatice Sultan is hosting a dinner for me, Hurrem, Gulfem, and Mahidevran tonight" I smiled before walking out of the teras through the outer door and down the harem and to my room where several dresses were waiting for me to choose from.

"Which dress do you wish to wear?" Helen asked bouncing Murad up and down. I walked over to the bed where the dresses laid and looked them over.

"The blue one" I answered. She bowed and left the room to hand Murad to Rosie who was in the room with the twins before running back over to prepare a dress. I have to get a new maid, I don't want Hafsa and Hanim near my children but sometimes Rosie and Helen have to entrust them to those two.

"Hundi, find me a trustworthy maid to serve the children, I want a maid I can trust like Rosie and Helen" I ordered turning to look at Hundi who bowed before leaving the room.

"Have you heard anything from Halil agha? When is he returning to the palace from Amasya?" I asked Helen as she put away the other dresses into a big box before pulling up my jewelry.

"Throughout the week, your highness, he mentioned having to finish some jobs on the way back" She answered. I nodded satisfied with her answer before turning around and letting her unbutton my dress so I can change into the blue one.