CHAPTER 088

"Are you alright?" Suleiman asked as he helped me sit down on the couch. I let out a huff rubbing my swollen stomach. It has become harder and harder in the past few days and traveling was not helping at all.

"Maybe I shouldn't have come with you, traveling while pregnant doesn't suit me" I grumbled rubbing a sore spot on my belly the new child loved to kick. Suleiman chuckled rubbing my shoulders. My eyes trialed to Mahidevran who was glaring at me like I just killed her child, speaking of Mustafa was eyeing us awkwardly while holding his son.

"Give him to me" Suleiman ordered opening his arms, Mustafa placed the small baby in Suleiman's arm before stepping back to stand beside his mother. Mihrimah and Ayse both moved to stand beside me on the couch, my heart grew in size knowing they were both worried about me.

"Inshallah, his name will be Suleiman" Suleiman muttered. My heart dropped to my stomach at the announcement. My eyes trailed to an oblivious grinning Mustafa and a smug Mahidevran, I composed myself to not show how much this annoyed me.

After the naming Mihrimah and Ayse helped me back to my room as Suleiman went with Mustafa to discuss some state matters. I dismissed the maids fixing the room and the attached room where Mihrimah, Cihangir, and Ayse will sleep. Osman was over the moon knowing he will get his own room here much to the dismay of the girls and Cihangir who would have to share with me.

"You two go change your clothes, I'll be fine" I assured the girls giving them a smile to not show them how annoyed and uncomfortable I was. Ayse and Mihrimah bowed before leaving me alone. The doors to my room opened and much to my dismay Mahidevran walked in with a smug look on her face.

"Mahidevran?" I questioned confused. I was sure she wasn't here to check up on me, I knew she was praying in my head that this child would be the reason for my undoing like she did with every pregnancy of mine.

"Poor girl," Mahidevran said eyeing Mihrimah's retreating form. A frown took over my face feeling confused.

"She doesn't even know that she's calling her mother's murderer, mother" Mahidevran shook her head as if she was feeling actually sorrow. I pushed myself off the bed to stand up feeling rage course through my veins.

"Watch your tongue Mahidevran" I hissed angrily. I made sure my voice did not raise so I wouldn't alert the girls and have Mihrimah hear whatever Mahidevran wanted to say.

"Maybe it is time she found out" Mahidevran finally averted her eyes to meet mine. She stepped closer to me until we were chest to chest.

"I think it would sound better coming from you" She continued eyeing me and my belly. I placed a protective hand on my belly. Her eyes snapped back up to meet mine shocked at the action.

"Do you think I would hurt you while pregnant?" She asked raising an eyebrow. Her eyes filled with anger.

"You've done it before to that poor girl's mother" I hissed back. She raised her hand to slap me but I caught her hand in time before she could touch my skin.

"Watch your actions Mahidevran, I am no slave, remember that" I hissed pushing her back. She stumbled a couple of steps before stopping herself from falling. She threw one last glare my way before storming off. I felt a sharp pain in my stomach making me grow and clutch it feeling my heart hammer. The pain subsided making me sigh in relief and sit back down on the bed.

"I'm sorry darling for being so stressed" I mumbled to my child rubbing my stomach to calm them down. The pain was still there but much less and not as sharp.

"You asked to meet me here?" I asked Mahidevran who was sitting in the garden. She nodded and motioned to the bench beside her. I sighed sitting down with slight difficulty. Mahidevrab dismissed her maids and I did the same, she wanted privacy and that triggered my curiosity, what did she want to say?

"What is the matter?" I asked curiously. The baby began moving around again feeling me stressed again. I groaned a little rubbing the same sore spot the baby kept kicking me in. Mahidevran looked at my belly with jealousy, it has been many years since she was last pregnant.

"Is it wrong that I want to spend time with you? You are Mustafa's stepmother after all" she shrugged. I could see from the look in her eyes that she was lying. There was something else.

"Knowing you Mahidevran, there is something else" I waved off her words. She sighed and rubbed her forehead, this action and the stress appearing on her face made her look older than she was.

"I walked in on Mustafa crying last night, he told me everything" Mahidevran looked back up at me. I raised a confused eyebrow not understanding what she meant.

"He told me of his feelings and your agreement to never mention it and act like they don't exist. Why would you do that? Why not use them against him?" Mahidevran asked. My eyes widened at the old topic being opened again. I looked around making sure no one was close by.

"I am not a monster Mahidevran, I know that we have no control over our feelings" I whispered

"I am not a monster Mahidevran, I know that we have no control over our feelings" I whispered. Mahidevran sighed and shook her head disappointed.

"DESTUR, SULTAN SULEIMAN KHAN, HIS MAJESTY" A harem agha announced. My heart began hammering with fear at the sudden appearance of Suleiman. I stood up along with a panicked Mahidevran and turned to face Suleiman, thankfully he was a good distance away and there was no possibility he could have heard us.

"Qamar, Mahidevran" Suleiman greeted. Mihrimah appeared behind him with an excited smile on her face calming my speeding heart.

"Mother, father promised us a tour of Manisa before we leave for Istanbul" Mihrimah informed me almost jumping with excitement.

"That is amazing, but it has to be soon. My heart bleeds more and more the longer we are away from your siblings" I placed a hand on her cheek. Her happiness did not falter and she nodded in agreement.

"Your majesty" We turned to face the guard interrupting our conversation. The guard bowed to Suleiman with a slight tremble.

"Sehzade Mehmed" Was all the guard said to make worry blossom inside all of us. We all ran into the palace without any more explanations. I did not need anymore, I just needed to check up on Mehmed. He was not the son of my womb but he was the son of my breast, he drank from my milk and I raised him for years.

"Mehmed" I gasped reaching the doors after Suleiman. My eyes widened at the sight of Mehmed lying on his stomach with half an arrow sticking out of his back. My heart dropped to my stomach which caused a sharp pain in my belly.

"Suleiman" I held on to my husband's arm before he could walk further into the room while my other arm wrapped around my belly. Suleiman turned to face me worriedly. His eyes trailed down and widened making me worry even more. I looked down, I could not see below my belly but the second my dress fluttered and blood caught my sight, my heart dropped. I was bleeding, this was not good.

"Your majesty" We both turned to Mustafa who stepped over to us. Mihrimah was frozen beside her brother's bed looking between him and me, conflicted.

"Let me take Qamar Sultan to her room" At his words my mind registered what was happening. The pain began, and early labor was not on my list for this child. I let out a scream feeling my contractions begin. Suleiman had no choice but to nod. Mustafa did not waste time and picked me up bridal style, there was no way I could walk while in labor and in a situation like this.

"Shhhh, everything will be alright" Mustafa muttered trying to calm me down. I have no idea how he was so calm in a situation like this. I cried clutching my stomach trying to calm my breathing. I did not know who to think of more, this baby or Mehmed bleeding in the other room.