CHAPTER 011

"Come on hatun, do you know what's wrong with her majesty?" Rosie asked impatiently. She was standing beside Nigar Kalfa at the foot of my bed as the doctor examined me. I've been feeling sick lately and thought why not get checked by a doctor.

"Do not worry hatun, Qamar sultan is not sick" the doctor said standing up and started washing her hands.

"Then what?" I asked sitting up and fixing my dress under the covers.

"Sultanim, you're pregnant, mashallah," she said smiling brightly

"Sultanim, you're pregnant, mashallah," she said smiling brightly. It took me a moment to realize what she said and when it finally sunk in the brightest smile adorned my face. I looked at Nigar and nodded, she pulled out a sack full of money and handed it to the doctor.

"May Allah gives you a son, sultana" she bowed before leaving the room. I looked up at Rosie who walked over and helped me out of the bed still feeling a little nauseous.

"I will go and tell the validam," Nigar said turning around but I immediately stopped her by calling her name.

"I'll tell her when I feel better," I said already peeling off my dress. She bowed before leaving the room. Rosie helped me change into a new dress.

"Bring me Halil agha" I ordered. She bowed and left the room immediately.

I walked over to the extra room and kneeled beside the crib where Osman was sleeping. My baby was almost one and he looked nothing like when he was born but I could tell he would grow up to be a handsome boy.

"You're gonna get a little brother or sister soon," I said happily taking his hand into mine and kissed the top of it. I stood up and walked back into the main room when I heard the door open and close.

"You asked for me, sultana," Halil Agha said bowing to me when I walked back in.

"Yes, I wanted to ask you about Hurrem" I stopped beside him as Rosie joined us and stood in front of us.

"She's been keeping quiet and acting like a real sultana, maybe after her banishment, she finally realized that she's not as powerful as she thought she was" I shook my head.

"No, she is powerful, I and she have the sultan in our palm but she realized that the sultan will always follow the rules even if it concerns her" Rosie said exactly what I was thinking.

"Keep an eye on her, I want to know her every move" I ordered Halil. He bowed before leaving me and Rosie alone.

When the sun set I felt much better and decided that it was finally time to tell the Valide about my pregnancy

When the sun set I felt much better and decided that it was finally time to tell the Valide about my pregnancy. I walked into her room and to my delight, both Hurrem and Mahidevran were there along with Hatice.

"Validam" I bowed to the woman in front of me who smiled at me.

"Qamar, good you've joined us, we're choosing fabrics for Hatice," she said showing me a pink one she was holding

"I'd be delighted to join but I have some news I'd like to share first if you don't mind," I said smiling brightly at her. She nodded her head giving me permission to speak.

"I learned this morning that I was pregnant again your majesty," I said. Her smile couldn't be bigger. I looked at Mahidevran who looked sad but she seemed to have already gotten used to other women having children from the man she loved.

I can't say the same about Hurrem who's fave turned red from anger as she clutched the fabric in her hands tightly causing wrinkles on it. I had to hold myself back from smirking and only gave her a sweet smile.

"That's amazing Qamar" she clapped her hands with a glint in her eyes.

"Daye, dispatch the gold tomorrow and make sweets" she turned to her loyal maid who bowed and left the room to start preparing for tomorrow, it was too late to do any of this today. A harem agha walked in just as Daye walked out and bowed to the validam, we all knew that the sultan sent him, so I and Mahidevran and Hurrem were standing there a little tense waiting for him to speak.

"His majesty, sent after Qamar sultan," he said. I turned to the Valide who nodded. I bowed and left the room making sure to send Hurrem a smirk on the way.

As I walked down the Golden road I saw Ibrahim pasha leaving the sultan's room. He stepped to the side and waited for me to reach him. I bowed to him when we were face to face.

"Pasha, how have you been?" I asked as I looked up at him.

"I'm good, how about you?" He asked kindly.

"I would be better if Hurrem stopped acting like the perfect sultan and more like herself so maybe the sultan will see her for her true colors," I said slightly mad. He nodded understandingly with a slightly grim face.

"If you'll excuse me, pasha, I have some good news to tell the sultan" I turned around and walked over to the doors. It took him a minute to understand what I said before smiling. I turned my frown into a smile when he did, he bowed his head and so did it before he walked to his room.

I walked into Suleiman's room with a bright smile and bowed to him

I walked into Suleiman's room with a bright smile and bowed to him. He got up from behind his desk and walked over to me. I met him halfway into the room. He wrapped her arms around my shoulders and pulled me close kissing my forehead.

"My moon" he mumbled leaning down and kissing my lips.

"I have some news Suleiman," I said pulling slightly away to look him in the eyes. He raised his eyebrow and nodded for me to continue.

"I'm with child" his smile couldn't be bigger as he leaned down and captured my lips with his again. I giggle as he picked me up and twirled me around with a laugh of his own.