CHAPTER 098

I smiled softly at Seyfettin who was kicking his legs in my arms. Suleiman has asked for the whole family to come to his room. No one knew what made Suleiman ask for this sudden meeting but no one questioned it as the campaign grew closer and closer.

"MAKE WAY FOR HIS MAJESTY SULTAN SULEIMAN KHAN" a guard announced. We all curtsied to Suleiman as he stepped into his room. His clothes were still leaning towards darker shades showing how he was still mourning our son. He stopped in front of us looking at us one after the other.

"I have made some decisions that may affect you all, especially Mehmed and Osman" Suleiman started. His voice was deeper than ever and his eyes droopy. Abdullah has always been one of his favorites because of the mere fact that he was an Angel, he never caused trouble and always followed the rules.

"What's the matter, your majesty?" Hatice was brave enough to ask. Osman and Mehmed looked worriedly at each other. What could Suleiman's decision be?

"After the last event I have decided that Mehmed should go to Amasya as his sanjak and Osman to Bolu" Suleiman answered. Hatice gasped in shock, the boys have been excited to join the campaign and had been training for months now yet here he was shattering that dream.

"But father-" Osman began with panic in his wavering voice and a shake in his hands. Mehmed looked ready to burst but held himself back. Suleiman held up his hands making Osman close his mouth.

"Prepare yourselves, you will be going by the end of the month and Qamar will accompany Osman until he settles" Suleiman turned and walked out to his terrace. I clutched Seyfettin fearing that Suleiman will make me depart from him while away with Osman.

"Mother, do something" Osman begged turning to face me. I sighed not feeling up to a fight. I handed Seyfettin to Ayse who immediately cooed at him. I picked up my dress and followed after Suleiman.

"Suleiman" I spoke softly testing the waters

"Suleiman" I spoke softly testing the waters. Suleiman did not react which I saw as a sigh to approach him. I placed a hand on his back feeling his tense muscles. He was watching the ships in the sea preparing for departure in a month for war.

"My darling, what made you take such a decision? The boys are devastated" I spoke feathery so I wouldn't anger him. Suleiman was known for his patience but also his temper.

"I can't lose another one, Qamar. Losing Abdullah was the most painful thing I have felt in my life" Suleiman's voice was hoarse now. He turned around to face me with watery eyes. I have never seen him cry before, this was shocking to me.

"When we lost our first son it felt painful but not like this. Abdullah has been around us for way too many years. We raised him and taught him how to walk and talk. I saw him hold his first sword, and defeat his opponents but I never got to see him defeat his first enemy, all the possibilities and outcomes are gone now. I cannot go through that pain again" the first tear rolled down his cheek halfway through his words. I reached over and wiped the tear with my thumb. I understood every single word he said on a much deeper level.

"I am happy with your decision, Suleiman, my heart can not handle another loss either. Abdullah was my son too, a piece of my heart died with him that day" I whispered. My throat began to hurt as I tried to push my tears back.

"I felt it when he died. I was on the terrace with the girl when suddenly all I felt was pain and I could hardly breathe, my heart knew something was wrong" I admit. I had ordered Sümbul and Halil to make sure that the news never got out of my chamber and especially to Suleiman. Suleiman sighed tiredly and pulled me into his arms.

"The second I return from war, I want you by my side again" Suleiman mumbled against my hair. I smiled and nodded my head accepting his words with open arms. I will teach Osman everything and prepare his harem before returning here as fast as possible. I knew Suleiman would never let me go but with Abdullah's death, he clung to me even more like I was his source of life.

"I can never stay for too long away from you. I pray for a glorious victory to be added to your list of many victories. I pray that you will kill every single infidel out there. I pray Allah will return you to me healthy and victorious" I mumbled against his chest. Suleiman tightened his grip around my waist fearing separation.

"I want Ayse married before we leave, the wedding does not have to be big, traditionally it should be big after a death anyways" Suleiman muttered. I felt the happiest since Abdullah's death, I will finally get my sisters back and kill that snake Ayas.

"Gladly" I pulled away and looked up into the ocean eyes I fell in love with many years ago.

"Since you are sending Mehmed and Osman, why not send Murad to a sanjak too? He is eighteen years old and almost done with his training" I played with Suleiman's buttons. Usually, I wouldn't interfere in such matters but I know Murad would feel a little discouraged to be forced to stay here while his brothers were being sent to a sanjak.

"I will in due time. Besides, how would you be able to help him when you are busy with Osman? When I return I will see if he is ready enough to go or not" Suleiman smiled down at me pinching my cheek. I smiled and nodded accepting the answer, it was good enough for me. Someone cleared their throat behind us making us pull away from each other. It was Rüstem Pasha.

"What is the matter Rüstem?" Suleiman asked locking his arms behind his back. I moved to stand beside him curiously as to what Rüstem had to say and since Suleiman did not dismiss me.

"Forgive me, your majesty, I came here to ask you what do you want us to do with Firuze Hatun" Rüstem muttered looking up at Suleiman. Suleiman's flashed a dangerous glare at the mention of Firuze's name.

"Firuze? What has she got to do with you Rüstem? Since when did you speak of harem matters?" I asked confused. Suleiman did not punish him for interfering with the harem?

"She's a Persian spy, she is no longer from the harem, Sultanim" Rüstem corrected me. I was shocked that he spoke so freely in front of the Sultan when I told him to keep it a secret.

"It was Ayse who discovered her and alerted us" Suleiman's words were sullen and hurt. I understood why he was hurt but it almost felt good that he was hurt like I was when she became his favorite.

"Ayse?" I was confused now. How did she know? Who informed her? Since when did she interfere in such matters?

"Also, there is a letter from Manisa, your majesty" Rüstem held up a silver letter holder. Suleiman took the letter hold and opened it. He pulled out the letter and returned the empty letter holder to Rüstem. Suleiman's features darkened as he read through the letter.

"Mustafa" he crumbled the letter angrily before throwing it to the side. He stormed back into his room leaving me and Rüstem alone on the terrace.

"What is the matter?" I asked Rüstem as he retrieved the letter from the floor.

"Mustafa's last chance" Rüstem answered with a smirk. I took the letter from him and read through it, reading through Mustafa's mistakes and impulsiveness.