9. Trapped

When I woke this morning, I felt something. Not like in a ill way but as in a feeling. I felt as if me and Buck were moving to fast in our relationship. It had been what a few months but I don't know, it was never like this in my past relationships. But back to my shift. To start off our morning we had a guy trapped in garbage cup. Buck was driving the truck and I was sat behind Dad. Chim and Hen were following us in the ambulance. I needed to speak with her later.

"What's this dude's problem?" Hen said to us over the radio.

"Seriously? He doesn't hear us?" Buck asked us, if he did this wouldn't look good for him.

"We're gonna have to get in front of him." Dad said to him.

"Okay." Buck said with a smile.

"And try not to kill anyone or anything." I said to him with a smile. We pulled in front of the truck. I was bracing for impact. But luckily we were okay. We got out to go and talk to the driver.

"What the hell, guys?" The driver asked us.

"You got a guy trapped inside, inside the compactor." Dad said to him as he walked over to him.

"That's impossible." The driver said to us.

"He dialed 911 from inside." Dad said to him again.

"No, I mean that's not possible. We haven't picked any garbage up yet." He said to us, we had the wrong truck.

"Wait, what?" Buck asked.

"You got the wrong truck, man. She's empty." He said as he answer.

"What's going on?" Hen asked as her and Chim came over to us.

"We've got the wrong truck." I said to her.

"Um, thank you. Carry on. Y-You're doing a great job." Buck said before we started getting back in the truck.

"Dispatch, this is T-118. We are at Chandler and Allott. We have the wrong garbage truck. Do you have a location for the garbage truck?" Dad asked Dispatch. I was looking out the window so I could hear what was being said.

"This is 727-L-30. I got eyes on your garbage truck. Corner of Ventura and Stern. Search and Rescue on the way." Athena said over the radio, we were close.

"That's, like, two blocks away." Buck said to us.

"So, let's get going." I said to him.

"All right." Buck said before he drove off with the siren wailing. When we turned up, the garbage truck had stopped operating due to Athena shouting at him.

"The dumpster. He was asleep." We heard Athena say to him as we got out.

"How was I supposed to know he was sleeping in one of the dumpsters?" He asked us, he probably thought he'd done something wrong when really this wasn't his fault.

"You're not in any trouble." Athena said to him, that was true.

"Did you run the compactor?" Dad asked him.

"Yeah." He answered back.

"What kind of pressure does it operate at?" Dad asked him.

"I don't know. 2,000 PSI? Maybe more?" He said to us, he was unsure over this which isn't what we needed. Hen had got the ladder down so she could peer in.

"That would crush a car." Buck said to us, that was very much true.

"I've dealt with a lot of these in Chicago most of time the outcomes weren't good. But we operated a bit differently there." I said to them all, I'd seen practically every incident that could happen.