16. Dosed

Some days I wish that my lease would hurry up and run out. But enough of that, today we were all helping Maddie move in to her new place. It was nice. Me and Chim were setting up the security. Whereas Buck and Eddie were trying to bring in the sofa.

"Okay. You've officially reached Fort Knox-level security." Chim said while coming off the ladder.

"This is the safest you'll ever be." I said to her with a smile.

"Oh, you think it's too much?" She asked us, after what she's been through I think this is good.

"Three motion sensors in the living room? I mean, maybe if you're trying to keep Tom Cruise from getting his hands on your NOC list." Chim said to us, Maddie looked at us confusedly. "Mission: Impossible. No?" He said to her, she stopped on the stairs and looked at him.

"Sorry, I haven't see it." She said to him with a smile before walking over to where Buck and Eddie.

"Travesty." He said to her.

"Don't act like you're not gonna watch the movie with her." I said to him with a smile.

"You know me so well." He said to me. I saw Maddie come in with pizza boxes.

"Don't tell me they put pizza boxes on your new sofa?" I said to her, judging but her facial expression she wasn't happy.

"They did. However did you know?" She said as I watched her walk over to us.

"Well I see Eddie a lot and I am engaged to your brother so I've seen him and tried to stop him do a few things like this." I said to her with a smile.

"Fair point." She said to me with a smile. "But I'm sorry. You were both showing me the security app." Maddie said to us both, I completely forgot about that.

"All right, pivot." Eddie said, I then heard them both grunt I'm guessing they were picking up the sofa.

"Okay, so, basically, you can check everything on here." Chim said before we all looked up and watched Buck and Eddie bring in the sofa. "Lift with your legs." Chim said to them.

"If anything happens, I will not help you. So remember lift with your legs." I said to them with a little laugh at the end.

"And you can also check it on your phone if you're not at home." Chim said while getting back to the security app.

"Well, that's great, 'cause now if I hear a noise in the middle of night, I don't have to get out of bed to know it's the ice maker." She said to us. "Hey, thank you, guys, for helping me on your day off." She said when Buck and Eddie had finally placed the couch on the ground.

"Don't worry about it. Plates?" Eddie said before taking the pizza's from her.

"Countertop. Kitchen." She answered.

"Beer?" Chim asked her.

"Uh, also kitchen, fridge." She answered with a smile.

"Clever." He said to her. Buck walked over, I was looking at the expression Maddie was giving Chim.

"He is so cute." She said to us with a smile.

"And he's single." I said while giving her a playful nudge.

"Yeah, he gets that a lot. Uh, you should meet his kid, though." Buck said with a smile, we were talking about Chim not Eddie.

"Wait, Chimney has a kid?" Maddie asked us both.

"No." I said to her.

"No, I-I thought you meant..." Buck said before Maddie walked off. "Chimney?" He said confusedly.