63. Desperate Times

I still couldn't believe what I was looking out. But this is what happens when LA has blackouts. Knowing there was a heart in there as well wasn't helping at all. We then went up to the roof. "Window washing cables. This thing's holding on by a thread, Cap." Eddie said as we saw the state at the top.

"118, I want some ropes, webbing and the heavy winch on the rooftop, double-time." Dad shouted at us all and I nodded.

"We're not waiting for any of that, right?" Buck shouted at him, we didn't have time to.

"No! First thing we do is get those rotors turned off. Hen, Buck, you check that cabin and see what we got. Eddie, Y/n, you're with me." Dad said to us all and I nodded. I was wondering what we'd be doing. Eddie was putting the fire out and then turned the blades off.

"It's slipping!" Buck shouted and me, him and Dad went to grab ahold of it. It slipped over the edge.

"Everyone okay in there?" I shouted at them all.

"We're all good Y/n." Eddie said and I nodded.

"Help me!" I heard someone call from inside.

"We're okay! We're okay! We're okay. You're okay." I heard Hen say. Where was Chim at.

"Buck, let's get the pilot out of here!" Dad said as Eddie started moving him out. We all helped.

"Backboard! Hen, what do we got?" Chim said as he ran over to us.

"Spinal. I'm guessing cervical. We need to flip him on this backboard." Hen said to him, who was going to be the second set of hands for that.

"That's a two person job." Chim said to her as I was still holding the helicopter down.

"I'm available! Trick is, how do we do that here?" Eddie asked, dad nudged me to let me know to let go. It was stable.

"The backboard's long enough to cover this opening." Hen said to us, I backed away from it. This thing was going to give at any second. I saw Chim run past me. I looked at him. He waved me over and I joined him. So did Dad, fire hose. That's how we were getting them out.

"Eddie. Secure this to the board." Dad said and he did.

"All set Cap!" Eddie shouted and it was go time.

"Okay, we're all set! Go!" Dad shouted and we started going. The heart was still onboard. Once we got the paramedic out the chopper dipped again. Eddie and Hen were still in there. We all helped them back up. But the heart. I saw the winch arrive but I went to go help with getting them down the stairs. I only stopped when I heard the crash. I ran back up.

"Where's Dad?" I asked them and they were all looking down, holding the hose. They then pulled him up.

"Get him up top!" Eddie shouted and we pulled him up and he had the heart.

"That was amazing. Any chance you can do a transplant in the dark?" A doctor asked making us all laugh mainly Dad.

"We'll get the generators running." Eddie said before starting to head down.

"And I bet by the time we do, the city will have the power back on." Buck said to us, let's just say it had been 4 days and still no power. This whole thing was just draining. Especially since we'd been working nonstop. And I just wanted to go home. "Hey, are you okay?" Buck asked me as we were in the bunk room I shook my head and rested it on his shoulder.

"I just want to see Martina. It's killing me being away from her." I said to him and he looked at me before looking at the door.

"Yeah about that, you might want to go into the main floor." He said to me before I walked out and there Hayden was holding Martina.