10. A Whole New You

A few weeks ago, Patricia, Abby's mom had passed. So, Buck was making sure she was alright. It didn't bother me because he just wanted to help out his friend. I decided to clean up my apartment today seeming as it was starting to look a mess. Once I'd put all the blankets in there box and cleaned the dishes. It was all clean again, when it came to the next shift it was quite a peculiar call we were responding to. When we arrived at the scene LAPD was here.

"Domestic call. Guy got into it with his wife. Claims she threw a picture frame at his head." One of the officers told us.

"I'm not claiming anything. That's what happened. Look, forget about me. There's something going on with my wife." The husband told us, I wasn't believing any side for now.

"Sir, just relax, we have to take a look at your head. Doesn't look too bad, does it, Chim?" Dad asked Chim seeming as we were the only three here.

"No. Couple stitches. Easy-peasy. Let me clean that up first." Chim said to us while looking at it.

"David, the bobbies are asking if I want to press charges." The wife said with a posh British accent. I wasn't expecting that.

"The 'bobbies'?" Chim said confusedly.

"The police, it's a British term." I said educating him for once.

"Baby, there is something wrong with you." The husband said to her.

"Ma'am, you don't have to decide right now. We can take him..." Athena said to her before she was cut off.

"No, Officer, you don't understand." He said before standing up.

"I understand just fine." She said to him.

"No, you don't. She's not British. Yeah, that's not her voice. She was born in Brooklyn. The bobbies? The closest she's ever been to England is binge-watching episodes of Downtown Abbey." He said to us, I'd heard of that show but I'd never seen it.

"I don't know what he's talking about. David, you're frightening me." She said to her husband.

"Look, we woke up this morning, and she just starts speaking like that. It's bloody this, bloody that. A spot of tea. All this weird British slang that I've never heard before. At first, I thought she was joking, but then it didn't stop, and I don't know what the hell's going on. So, I try to take her to the hospital. She freaked out, so I called 911." David said to us, this behavior was definitely trigger by something.

"Did she hit her head? Was she in an accident recently?" Chim asked David.

"No, not that I know of." David said to us.

"Hey. She told me she woke up this morning with a migraine. That and violent hiccups. That coupled with obvious chest pains, I-I think she's having a stroke." Athena said to us.

"I think you're right Athena." I said while looking up at her.

"A stroke? Wouldn't she have slurred speech of paralysis or something?" David asked us, Dad went to take a look at her.

"A man would, but a woman learns that symptoms can be different. Big-ass hiccups is one of them." Athena said to us, that was very much true.

"She's right. Stick your tongue out for me." Dad said, she did and it went to the side. "When's your birthday?" He asked her.

"Right, it's, um...April." She answered unsurely.

"Okay. Take my hand, come with me. Y/n, get the TPA injection ready. Take it easy, okay? Just sit down right here." Dad said as he walked her down the stairs and sat her down at the bottom. I got the injection ready. "There's a clot that's preventing oxygen to get to her brain, so her synapses are misfiring." Dad said to David, once I'd prepared the injection I gave to her.