18. Buck, Actually

Today I was not expecting the call that we got. I mean I thought I'd seen everything about LA but clearly I hadn't, not yet. We had a woman standing on one of the signs. She was looking for a Norman. Whoever he was I felt bad for him. I was making my way over to Athena with dad. That was when she opened her gown to reveal herself.

"See me, Norman! See me now?!" She shouted, the crowd started cheering and applauding her.

"Oh, for God's sake." Athena said to us.

"Definitely not invisible." Dad said to us.

"Let's just hope Norman gets found soon." I said while looking at where Buck and Eddie were on the bridge.

"Can somebody please find me this Norman before she does something crazy...er?" Athena ordered.

"I don't think it could possibly get any crazier." I said to her. An officer came over to Athena after a few minutes and told her something.

"Lola, good news. We found your man. He's on his way." Athena shouted up to her.

"I won't come down until he sees me!" Lola shouted back at her, I'm pretty sure everyone had.

"Ma'am, you're the most famous face in the city right now. There ain't exactly a way to miss you." Athena said up to her, that was the truth after all.

"I don't care." She said to us.

"Okay, move Buck into position." Dad radioed up to Eddie. Buck then moved into position. "Okay, Chim." Dad said before they started moving the landing pad.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no! What are you doing?! I-I told you! I told you!" Lola shouted down, well it was for her own safety.

"It's just there for your safety, Lola." Athena said up to her.

"I told you! I told..." She shouted before pulling a gun out, Buck had just made it onto the platform. She show the gun and deflated the bag.

"Hold your fire! Hold your fire! Stand down. Do not shoot." Athena shouted, most people had taken cover but I hadn't. I then saw Lola point her gun at Buck.

"I can't watch this." I said before looking off the side.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey." I heard Buck say from up there.

"Lola, listen to me very carefully. You know have every firearm in the Greater Los Angeles area pointed at you. If you continue to threaten that man, they will fire. Do you understand?" Athena said up to her. "Do you?" She shouted again.

"I don't want to hurt anybody." She said before putting the gun down. "I just can't handle being ignored anymore." She said to us, Buck then started talking to her.

"He's talking to her?" Athena asked us.

"Yeah, that's either gonna go well or...the other thing." Dad said to us.

"Let's just hope that the other thing doesn't happen." I said to them. We could only watch to see what happens next. We then heard sirens approaching. Norman was on the back of a police motorcycle.

"You Norman?" Athena asked as we approached him.

"Yeah. I'm-I'm Norman. I don't know why this is happening. We don't even fight." Norman told Athena maybe they should start.

"I'm pretty sure that's why this is happening." Athena said while helping him with his vest.

"Wait, seriously?" Norman asked her.

"All right, come with me." Athena said as they walked over to me and Dad. She gave him the radio.

"Uh, L-Lola. Lola, honey, honey, it's me. I'm here. And I see you, just like the sign says." Norman said up to her.