33. Rage

I had been made a loner at work. Especially since I couldn't pick a side. We got a call to a rage cage today. For the first time. When we arrived police were on the seen. "Apart from a blowout bar, this is the dumbest thing people in L.A. pay money for." Hen said to us, I led them actually.

"I think it's genius." Chim said to us, I did as well.

"Your victim's in there." Athena said while pointing inside of the room. There was no one to be seen.

"Where?" Dad asked, Athena looked at him before pointing to a barrel.

"There. Your victim climbed into the barrel after her BFF started chasing her with a sledgehammer." Athena said to us, that's why they were arresting that woman.

"I thought the point was to smash things, not each other." Eddie said to us, well it was.

"Wife. Mistress." Athena said to us, made sense.

"Adulterous slut!" The wife shouted.

"Does the adulterous slut have a name?" Chim asked Athena.

"Denise. She can't hear you very well in there. Ears ringing." Athena said to us, we all nodded.

"Denise, are you hurt?" Dad asked her.

"What?" She responded.

"Ah, looks like she's sledgehammered in there pretty good, Cap." Eddie said while looking at the barrel.

"Lena, Eddie, saw sans jaws." Dad said to them, I was waiting to know what I could do.

"On it, Cap." Lena said before they both walked away.

"Denise, we're gonna cut you out of there." Dad said to her.

"What?" Denise asked. She really couldn't hear us. When Lena and Eddie returned we all stood back as they cut Denise out. Eddie then pried it open.

"You have the right to remain silent." Athena said to the wife once we got Denise out.

"Wait, excuse me. Please, don't arrest her. This is all my fault." Denise said to Athena, that is something she couldn't stop.

"You wanna be a better friend? Bail her out." Athena said to her that was true.

"I'd rather rot in jail, than have her do another thing for me. I should've never trusted you! Consider this the end of our friendship! I hate you! Next time..." The wife shouted at Denise, I was hoping that this wouldn't happen at the station.

"So much anger in the world these days. I can see why this place is all the rage. See what I did there?" Chim said before walking away, I couldn't help but laugh.

"Good one Chim." I said to him. When I thought I was going to have the day off I couldn't. Why? Because of the lawsuit we had a hearing. I was told that Buck has to give information about us and he warned me about he said about some of us. When we got there it was one at a time, when I walked in I sat opposite Buck but it just felt weird.

"This is not a trail and I am not a judge. This arbitration will address Mr. Buckley's claim against the Los Angeles Fire Department for wrongful termination." The arbitrator said and I nodded. I hated things like this like this.

"It's our position that Firefighter Buckley, while not technically fired, has been constructively terminated from all components of firefighting duty. A de facto firing. Which is a direct result of a pattern of discriminatory and unequal treatment on the part of Captain Nash. Now if I recall when you were 19 you had an accident on the job at your dads old fire station. How long did it take for you to return back to work?" The lawyer said to us.