22. Y/n begins

1995

Mom was walking me down to Dad's apartment. Something felt different, she looked tearful. "Momma, what's happening? What are you upset?" I asked her. I'd never seen her like this before. I saw her sling my backpack even more over her shoulder. She just stayed silent. When we got to the door she crouched in front of me.

"Y/n, sweetie. I will always love you. You know that right?" She asked me before letting a tear slip. I didn't understand what was happening.

"Of course I do." I told her. Of course I knew she would love me.

"That's good." She said to me before kissing my forehead. After she said that Dad opened the door. He picked me up.

"Is everything ok?" He asked Mom before kissing my forehead.

"Yeah, everything's fine Bobby. She's had dinner so you won't need to cook for her." She said to him before I started yawning.

"I'm tired." I said before resting my head on Dad's shoulder.

"Let's get you to bed." Dad said before taking the bag.

"Love you Mommy." I said to her.

"Love you to sweetie." Mom said to me. When it got to the next week she never came back. Even after a month nothing. I lost track of waiting. After 6 months Dad had told me that she couldn't look after me anymore due to a change in her circumstances. It felt like I'd been abandoned.

2009

I'd finally finished training at the academy and I was now a certified paramedic but it only took me a few months to get bored so I'd trained to be a firefighter. It was my shift at my Dad's firehouse.

"Everyone I'd like to welcome our new probe and my daughter." Dad said to the firehouse.

"It's nice to meet you all." I said to them with a smile. When shift started I was put on all the hardest tasks but I was always told to stay close to Dad. After a while of me being there I decided to apply for a job in Chicago. When I got home I decided to tell Dad and I would've said my fiancé but I'm still use to him not being here. That day was the worst. He'd only just proposed and then 4 hours later he was dead.

"You've got that look on your face. What's going on?" Dad asked me as I helped him cook.

"Well, I have something I need to tell you and I'm not sure how you're gonna take it." I said to him, before sitting on the counter.

"Whatever it is your Dad can take it." My stepmom said to me, I was so grateful to have her.

"I'm moving to Chicago next month. I've found a place and I'm gonna work at 51." I said to Dad, he stopped and looked me.

"That's nearly 6 hours away by car. That's a long way to go and see you at the weekends." Dad said to me, I looked down.

"Don't make me feel even more bad than what I do. I just can't stay here." I said to him, when the first day of me shift in Chicago started. I met this girl called Shay.

"Y/l/n, are you okay? You can't stop looking at Shay." Mouch said to me, his nickname meant half man, half couch.

"She's definitely into girls right?" I asked him while looking at her laugh at something that Severide said.

"She is. You like her don't you?" He said to me a smile.

"I think I do." I said to to him. I walked over to them.

"Can I talk to Shay." I said to Severide.

"Of course." He said before leaving, I too his seat.

"What do you wanna talk to me about Y/n." She said to me, she was the only one that called me by my first name.