49. Future Tense

It was nice not knowing we weren't having another landslide for a while or even a dam break. Which is why I was glad that today would be less troubling for us. Today we were called to a smart home, something that would be my hell. A house that could actually listen to you. Dad rang the doorbell once we arrived.

"LAFD." He said while looking at the camera.

"Dispatch said the patient was unconscious." Buck said to Dad, but this was a smart home. It was always watching. Which is kinda creepy.

"They also said it was a smart home." Dad said to him, I looked at Buck.

"It's always watching and listening." I said to him before the front door opened.

"Welcome, Los Angeles Fire Department." The house said to us, making me shiver. I hated this.

"Am I the only one really creeped our right now?" Hen asked, not at all.

"No." We all said before putting our masks up and heading to the bathroom.

"Come on. Let's go." Dad said while opening the shower door, there was a lot of blood.

"On it, Cap." Hen said while getting in the shower with him.

"Let's see what we got here." Chim said as he joined her. They both crouched next to him.

"All right, what are his vitals?" Dad asked them both.

"Pulse is steady. Scalp is lacerated. Probably a concussion. Anthony, can you hear us?" Hen asked him, the shower must've been hot seeming as he was red.

"Looks like first or maybe second-degree burns from the water. His veins are collapsed. Probably hypovolemia. We'll need a line in his ankle." Chim said to us, how were we going to give him fluids.

"There's still shampoo in his hair. He fell down with the water on. So who turned it off?" Dad asked us, I looked at him.

"So,done else must have control." I said to him while looking with the camera in the bathroom. Once Buck and Eddie came back we started to transport him. Anthony groaned as his came round go consciousness.

"Anthony, Anthony. It's okay. You fell in the shower. Lucky for you, we found you in time." Dad said to him as we stopped moving for a second.

"How?" He asked us.

Your girlfriend called 9-1-1." Dad said to him, I didn't like his reaction.

"No. No, no, no, no! No, no, no!" He shouted, I take it that was complicated.

"Pulse is racing. Let's sedate him." Chim said to us before getting it ready.

"Wonder what set that off." Hen said to us, the girlfriend part.

"Maybe something about his girlfriend." Dad said to us, I looked at him.

"It has to be." I said to him before looking at Anthony.

"It's my ex." He answered, yeah. At this point we needed LAPD. That's just creepy.

"Anybody can spy on you." Eddie said to us.

"And that's what scares me." I said to Eddie before we started taking Anthony to the hospital. Once we got home Buck decided to play a prank on Eddie.

"What about this coffee maker?" He asked me as we looked at coffee machines. Smart coffee machines.

"It's nice but do you really wanna be this cruel on Eddie?" I asked him while smiling, he kissed my head.

"It will be funny, besides it's Christopher's idea." He said to me making me shake my head. Buck then went over to help Maddie and Chim with baby proofing whilst I went over to Hayden's he looked at me.