11. Under Pressure

It had been a few months, Buck had moved into Abby's apartment given that she was traveling around Europe. Unfortunately for us this was the hottest day of the year so I was prepared for a lot of calls and a lot of ice cream but that was for after the shift. Of course a bunch of calls came in. The first one being for an overturned tour van. We all looked down the hill to look at what we were dealing with. The van was in a building. We got down there and started to get the remaining passengers out. Once we got them out we started checking them over.

"Excuse me. Do you know if anyone famous lives here?" One of the tourist asked Chim. Hen and I just shook our heads. Out of everything to ask, it's that. Our next call was to this cafe. Something in the kitchen blew and caused havoc. A guy got forked up whereas other people had burns. Once we'd dealt with that, we were called to a pool party, except there was an arm that ended up in the pool. There was then a call about someone missing a limb.

"I got it." Buck shouted while letting out the net. We all looked at him. The people at the party started clapping. "I need ice." Buck said while walking over to us. Once everything was sorted out there me and Buck started packing everything in the truck away. "What month do you think I'll get for the calendar?" He asked me with a smile.

"That's even if you do become a calendar boy. Besides if it was open to anyone, I'd probably enter and beat you." I said to him with a smile.

"Oh, really." He said while walking closer to me, I backed into the truck.

"Yes, really." I said before he looked at me.

"Now I would like to see you try." He said before kissing me, I kissed him back.

"After the shift, I'm going to go and do a bit of grocery shopping and then I'll be over." I said to him with a smile.

"Can't you just come straight over." He said to me with a sigh.

"Not unless you want me to starve." I said to him with a smile.

"Well I don't, so it looks like I'm just going to have to be patient." He said to me.

"I'll be as quick as I can." I said to him before kissing his cheek and moving past him. When all of us were ready we headed back to station we were checking everything over.

~~~~~~~~~

It was the next shift and me and Hen carpooled together. When we arrived Dad was cheery. "Looking good, Sam. You make that shine, Tanika. Outstanding haircut, Martin." He said as they were all polishing the trucks.

"You are cheery." Hen said to him.

"You really are and it's weird." I said, I hadn't seem him like this in ages.

"Why shouldn't I be?" He asked us while approaching where we were stood.

"I don't know. Maybe 'cause you've been like this for weeks, and it's starting to get on my nerves. And probably Y/n's as well. What's going on with you?" Hen asked but before she could get an answer Buck walked over to us.

"I got another DXA scan, and guess who dropped another half percent." He said to us while holding up his phone, he was taking this whole thing to the next level.

"What?" Me and Hen asked him.

"A DXA scan measures your body fat. You can see your percentage in every part of your body." He said while showing us his phone.

"Oh, yeah? They measure the fat in your head?" Chim asked him making me smile.

"Ah, see, that would be funny, but we're about a week away from submissions due for the Hot Days, Smoldering Nights: Men of the LAFD wall calendar and I'm already at my goal weight, so it seems like my head is clearly working perfectly." Buck said to us, couldn't he have shortened the title.