38. Christmas Spirit

It was the most joyful time of the year. In some people's eyes that was. But I still hadn't been given the all clear yet. We were called to a store where Santa and a bunch of people had been pepper sprayed by a customer. When we pulled up the customer was being arrested and we went to help Santa, there was an audience of children.

"Thank you, thank you so much for saving that. I mean, at least if I have to go to jail, I'm leaving with what I came for." I heard her say to Athena.

"Sorry, but that you is going into evidence." Athena said as I walked past them.

"What?" She asked. I then went over to Buck and Dad. Everything was going well.

"Sir, this burning is gonna go away. It's just gonna take a couple hours." Dad said to him, it could've been worse.

"Long before you need to be back in the North Pole." Buck said with a smile. The kids were still around waiting to see if Santa would be alright.

"Is Santa Claus gonna die?" One of the kids asked, Dad and I looked at Buck.

"Oh, hey. No, no, no. Of course not, and don't you worry. He's not really Santa." Buck said to them, now he needed to stop there before he ruined these kids childhood.

"He's not real?" The little girl asked.

"No, no, sweetie. He's just pretend." Buck said to them, Dad and I looked at each other.

"Buck. Stop talking." I said trying to get him to be quiet.

"Santa's pretend?" The little boy asked him.

"That's right." Buck said to him, and now they would no longer have a good Christmas.

"Buck, Buck, Buck. Mm-mm." Dad said while shaking his head.

"What?" Buck asked as he stood up.

"Did you just tell my kid Santa isn't real?" The mother of the little girl asked Buck. The little girl hummed.

"Uh, no, no. I was- -I was just explaining that this Santa isn't Santa." Buck said making the kids cry.

"Hey, Cody, what's the matter?" The father of the little boy asked.

"Santa Claus isn't real." Cody said before hugging his Dad. Buck had really messed up. When shift ended I had to go for my last checkup at the hospital. They ran the tests and we left. Now we had to wait for the results. We decided to go Christmas tree shopping.

"I still cannot believe what you dug yourself into today." I said to him as we picked out our tree.

"I didn't mean for it to get to that point, it was all a misunderstanding." He said to me trying to defend himself.

"I'll try to believe you but when our future kids at that age we'll see if that happens." I said to he smiled.

"No, I'll let you break the news to them. I wouldn't want to appear as the bad guy." He said to me, of course I'd be stitched up for the job.

"I'll just do what Dad did to me. Wait until they reach a certain age and then say that Santa says that he's to old for him to give them presents anymore. Just let them down easily." I said to him with smile.

"I hate that your smarter than me sometimes." He said making me smile. We got our tree and took it home before heading to Eddie's. Christopher was going to build a gingerbread house with Denny and Buck.

"It got ugly. After I said I had to work on Christmas, he went straight to his room and wouldn't speak to me for the rest of the night." Eddie said to us, we were all working on Christmas Day. Buck wasn't to happy with it.