76. FOMO

Today we were called to a new build. It wasn't even finished yet but it would make a lovely place to live. If you could afford it. I definitely couldn't. We were headed to Brentwood. "You're looking for a red Mini Cooper. License plate Charles-Adam-Adam-6-9-3. Belongs to our victim Rebecca Neyer." May said to us over the radio. This could take ages.

"Havenhurst clear." Chim said to us. We were just driving around.

"Beadens Brook clear." An officer said to us all.

"Olympus clear." Another officer said to us all.

"Vantage is clear." Dad said to us all, it was nowhere.

"Engine 118, proceed to Mountain Avenue." May said to us, hopefully it would be there.

"Copy, Dispatch. On our way." Dad said before we started there.

"There it is." Lucy said pointing it out, and just like that 'where's the red car' was over.

"We got it." Dad said over the radio. We all got out and started getting the gear out.

"Yeah. Sauna's through that door." A construction worker said to Dad as we all walked inside to the sauna. And there Rebecca was.

"Lucy, cut these hinges. We're gonna have access in a second." Dad said to us all, I was looking inside. The sauna was definitely working.

"Okay, Cap. Power and gas is off." Buck said to us. Lucy then finished with the hinges.

"All right, let's get that door off." Dad said before Buck started removing the door. We then let Hen and Chim enter.

"Pulse is steady." Hen said after taking her fingers off her neck.

"Pretty severe contusion on her head. Most likely looking at a concussion. Third-degree burns, 45% of her face. We're gonna have to debride to start separating the flesh from the rocks." Chim said to us, I just wanted to know how an accident like this occurred.

"Saline ready." Hen said to him, we all watched and heard the sizzling and hissing from the saline hitting the rocks.

"Oh, my God. I'm gonna try to pull her off. Oh, God." Chim said to us before I looked away.

"H-Hold it, hold it, hold it right there. All right, we can cut the rest free." Hen said before she was separated and we got her prepped for moving.

"Dispatch, notify First Presbyterian we're ten minutes out. Have the specialty burn unit standing by." Dad said over the radio, we then headed back to the station. Once we got back I was talking with Buck.

"You know, I heard that the girl we saved. She was living a fake life. Choosing to be someone she's not. I hope that Martina wouldn't want to be like that." I said to him as we were walking out to the car.

"And if she ever does try to be, we can using it as a teaching moment. Teach her how lucky she is." Buck said to me and I smiled.

"Let's just hope she never does." I said to him making him laugh, the day after was spent with me trying to explore a bit. See places in LA I hadn't seen but when it was shift time. The call was not what I was expecting. A wedding but a different kind.

"The groom came in at 11:00. We did a final fitting on the suit. Then a little shave and a haircut. He went to the green room for the breakfast- -tea, honey, plain bagel, toasted with butter. We walked him down the aisle at 1:15. He said he was fine. I called for action at 1:36. Bride started down the aisle at 1:42. Groom went down at 1:44." Some guy who looked like a director. This was weird.

"You call for action? For a wedding?" Hen asked and we saw cameramen around.

"Wait. I-I know what this is. It..." Buck said before waving at the cameras. First My Little Pony now wedding shows?