42. The Taking Of Dispatch 9-1-1

When it got to morning, I noticed that Buck wasn't beside me. I then heard talking coming from downstairs. "She finally decided to wake up." Buck said as he was making breakfast. I stretched while walking downstairs.

"Well, it's not my fault that no one woke me up." I said while walking over to him.

"I was thinking that Hayden could pick me up today and that he could show me the room I can have." Blair said to me, I nodded at her.

"I'm sure that he'll put you in one of his amazing guest rooms but I'll call him now." I said to her, she nodded and I called him. Once I'd finished breakfast was ready.

"Now, I used to think that Y/n was the best cook but I'm changing my mind." Blair said, I glared at the two of them.

"Right that is it. I'm done. I'm never cooking again." I said jokingly before eating the rest of the pancakes.

"Please continue cooking your like a 5 star Michelin chef." Buck said to me with a smile, I nodded.

"Sure." I said to him after eating we all went and got changed before Hayden came over. Once he was picked her up, it was just Buck and I again.

"How about we continue where we left off last night." Buck said to me with a smirk. We did and then whilst I made myself ready for the rest of the day Buck went to go and get our mail. When he came back he was on the phone. "Yep. Go for Buck." He said as he walked in the door.

"Who is it?" I asked him in a whisper.

"It's Chim." He whispered back.

"Put it on speaker." I said to him and he did.

"How come 9-1-1 doesn't respond when I call?" He asked us, was this some kind of joke.

"Uh, is that some kind of riddle? Like 'who watched the Watchmen?'" Buck asked him, I didn't think that was a riddle.

"Neither of those things are riddles. Okay, I just tried calling 9-1-1 and I got the high call volume message. I miss, like, an earthquake or something?" Chim asked us.

"Don't think so. But let me try calling them." I said to Chim before dialling 9-1-1.

"Nope, pretty chill morning. Wait, why are you calling 9-1-1? Is everything okay?" Buck asked as he got us both a bottle of water out the fridge. My call wouldn't go through.

"I'm getting the same message." I said to the two of them, I heard Chim sigh.

"Your sister said that she loved me." Chim said, now that wasn't a reason to call 9-1-1.

"Yeah. Wasn't that the whole point in that big date you had last night? You declare your love and she declares here?" Buck asked him, I mean I had to have been.

"Yeah, I know, okay, but she didn't, all right? At least not last night. Look, she made this big deal saying that she couldn't say those words, and then this morning, she blurts them out and hangs up on me." Chim said as Buck was walking over to the couch. I followed him. He handed me an envelope.

"It's still not quite sounding like an emergency." Buck said as I opened up the envelope. Since Otis had died I'd been put in charge of taxes. Even though I didn't know maths.

"Because I sound insane. She's at the call center. What could happen there, right? You know what? Forget it." Chim said while hanging up.

"If there was an event we would have none about it. I was forced to work at a call center once, this sounds like something we were taught about in basic training." I said to Buck while reviewing the letter.