34. Monsters

It was Halloween time again, and you know what that meant. A lot of casualties would be around. We were called to a maze, some kids had been attacked by crows. This was going to be hard. We all got out and started to look at what we were dealing with. The kids weren't here. Buck wasn't with us yet due to dads telling.

"We need help! Two of my students, they were attacked by crows. They're trapped in there." The teacher said before pointing at the barn. They're was a lot of crows around. They must've been provoked.

"I think I've seen this movie." Chim said to us.

"I think I have too." I said to him, that movie scared me and I never saw birds the same.

"Okay, let's gear up. Turnouts and head protection. Let's go." Dad said before we got geared up. We had to walk slowly with no sudden movements. Chim's name tag fell off.

"Damn clasp." He said to us before putting it back on.

"It's fine, Chim. Forget the name tag. We all know who you are." Hen said to him.

"Wait, who is he again." I said jokingly, Chim just looked at me.

"This is weird. You see crows all over the city. Never heard about them attacking anybody." Eddie said to us, there was a reason for that.

'And that's because crows are very docile. They don't attack unless they're provoked. No sudden movements, and we should be good." Hen said to us, Chim's tag then fell again.

"Damn it." He said.

"Just leave it, Chim." Dad said to him, it wasn't worth it.

"Copy that." Chim said to us.

"Everybody stay calm." Dad said to us as we continued. When we reached the barn we slowly opened the doors and went inside.

"Over here. Dean's cut up real bad." One kid said to us.

"How 'bout you, you okay?" Dad asked him before going over to him.

"Yeah, I think so." He answered that was good.

"Eddie, check him out." Dad said to him after Eddie shut us in.

"All right, kiddo, let's get you up so we can take a look." Chim said before we got him up. We then saw how bad his injuries were.

"All right, let's get those irrigated, and make sure no major arteries were hit." Hen said to us, it was easy to tell they provoked these birds by attacking them.

"Major arteries? Am I gonna die?" He asked us, this kid was irritating.

"Look, she was just kidding, buddy." Chim said to him.

"You're gonna be fine." I said to him, it wasn't that serious.

"So, Dean, tell me, those crows just attacked you guys from outta nowhere?" Hen asked Dean, we all knew that they would lie.

"It was crazy. Tell 'em, Riley." Dean said before looking at his friend.

'Uh, yeah, it was like they were possessed or something." Riley said to us, it was so obvious that he was lying.

"You sure it didn't have anything to do with those rocks you guys threw at them?" Hen asked them Riley then pointed at Dean.

"He did it." Riley said to us.

"Liar!" Dean said annoyedly.

"I tried to stop him!" Riley said to us, did he or did he join in?

"Shut up." Dean said, more crows were gathering.

"Cap." Chum said before waving Dad over. "They know we're in here." Chim whispered.