DUCHESS OF EVIL.

Chapter 12.
******

Both Denis and Levon stepped into the hall at the same time. Denis was returning to school and Levon commended him on his bravery having ignored all the bad rumors and had agreed to return to school. 

He's only known the boy for two days and he could see he was not the type to have committed such a crime. 

He didn't hurt the dead girl.

He wasn't being irrational with his thoughts. It's a conclusion anyone would drive to if they spent an hour with the boy themselves, he was innocent. 

And the chief of police knew that and let him go.

After the video call with his parents, he has eventually emerged from his room looking pale and out of strength. Commanding his feet to carry him to the living room was like fighting a war with his entire body parts. None was responsive but he had managed to get downstairs and sink into the red sofa. It was cozy and the high arms provided his weak hands a resting place, making it easier to flatten himself into the sofa like a piece of rag. 

Denis had come down a short while later and they had both chatted smoothly until Stephanie was calling them for dinner and in that short moment, he had indeed seen the sweet side of the boy. 

Denis was soft-spoken and he was easily the type one could strike a conversation and they had talked about everything. It was comforting.  He would listen while Levon spoke and only responded after he was certain Levon had said all he had in his mind.

It provided a good welcoming feeling for Levon and he just realized that even if Dylon treats him poorly, Stephanie and Denis would give him the happiness he needs to go on with the remainder of his stay in HillsBay.

He wasn't going to give up on Dylon just yet. 

He's come too far.

He will try to talk to him. Not, in the manner his Dads had suggested but he will ask for his permission and when he grants him a little of his time, he will ask his questions and hopefully get answers. 

***~~***

Everyone turned to stare at the boy. Hushed whispers flew as they approached and all Levon anticipated was the moment anyone dares say anything out loud. He would be breaking some deserving faces with his fist. 

"Yo, bro, sup man!" Owen appeared from the corner, giving a fist bump to Denis and a handshake to Levon.

"Good, where is everybody?" Levon asked, admiring and appreciating Owen for holding his tongue concerning the boy he was with considering he had heard the rumors from his circle of friends.  

Owen was the first to have mentioned the case of the dead girl along with the rumors surrounding Denis, whom everyone in town suspected to be the perpetrator. 

"Good to see you back, man, you went and ran away like a coward," Carl announced from behind them. They turned to greet the newly arrived before they all headed towards their locker section to pick up the needed books for first period.

***~~***

Levon had just shut his locker when Bickerman turned up panting hard as if he had just run a hundred-meter race. 

"Whoa…, easy, man, what's up with you. Who is chasing?" Freddy yelled, coming around to stand behind Levon, his hand instantly went around Levon's shoulder. Levon greeted him with a smug smile while the other acknowledged him with a wink. Their attention soon returned to the panting Bickerman.

"What's wrong, bro?" Levon asked.

"You've gotta see this." He said between pants, he dipped his hand into his pocket and pulled out his phone with a single tap on it, he showed them a video from his phone.