𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕𝟏: 𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

Ron continued to listen to his radio as the four of you traveled out of the woods. You could notice Ron's side glares and jealousy whenever Harry and Hermione interact. It was ridiculous for you, but you couldn't really blame him. He was tense and stressed. So you tried to make him comfortable and feel okay whenever he's tensed.

"And now for the names of the missing witches and wizards." You heard the reporter from Ron's radio. "These are confirmed. Thankfully, the list is short today."

The four of you looked around for a place to stay while walking, and you would reassure Ron from time to time.

"Jason and Alison Denbright. Bella, Jake, Charlie, and Madge Farley. Joe Laurie. Eleanor Sarah Gibbs."

"That doesn't sound like a short list." You sighed heavily as you listened to more names from the radio. Ron glanced at you. "Sorry." He mumbled.

"No, it's alright. It's what comforts you." You replied. "Besides, that radio could be useful to us in the future."

"Harry and Bronwyn Trigg. Rob and Ellie Dowson. Georgia Clark-Day. Joshua Flexson. George Coutas."

You would flinch at times when the reporter mentioned some similar names to your friends. You prayed harder that they were all safe and sound.

"Gabriella and Emily Mather. Jacob and Mimi Erland. William and Brian Gallagher. Toby and Olivia Gleaves."

The four of you took a rest while Harry walked away for a while to think. Ron stared at his best friend. "He doesn't know what he's doing, does he?" He asked.

Hermione fixed the sling around Ron and sighed. "None of us do."

"Katie and James Killick. Elsie Valentine Schroeder. Jennifer Winston. Tamsin and Iola Hilliker. Scarlet and Kitty Sharp."

You gasped for air and tore the locket away from you. It was the middle of the night, and you had just woken up from a terrible nightmare. You haven't had any nightmares for a long time until now. 'Note to self: never wear the damn locket while sleeping.' You pressed your palm against your forehead as beads of sweat rolled down at the sides of your cheeks. You looked down at the Horcrux, glaring at it intensely. 'Why are you so hard to destroy?'

You were about to wear the locket, but someone came inside the tent. You noticed it was Ron, and he reached his arm out. "Come on. It's my turn."

"You sure?" You asked. "I could handle it for a few more--"

"Come on, stop torturing yourself."

You sighed and gave the locket to Ron, watching him wear it. You smiled at him. "You know, for a guy who hates Slytherins, you look good with that Slytherin locket on minus it being a Horcrux."

Ron cracked a smile. "You're rocking on that Slytherin ring too, (Y/n). Malfoy would've spoiled you with Slytherin accessories if you got sorted there."

Your smile faded as you cocked an eyebrow, giving him a strange look. "Malfoy? Which Malfoy? Lucius or Narcissa?"

Ron dropped his smile when he realized what he had said. "I'm going to get some fresh air again." He got out of the tent, leaving you all confused. For the past few days, you have noticed everyone ignoring a topic when it comes to talking about your love life or even the Malfoys themselves.

"Malfoy..." You whispered. You looked outside and bit your lip to think. "I don't remember the Malfoys having a kid."

°•○●○•°

Draco gulped his Firewhiskey down, feeling the burning sensation at the back of his throat, before harshly placing it back down to his desk. He looked at himself in the mirror. He wasn't doing himself any better. His hair was disheveled, his bags under his eyes were getting darker, and his skin was as pale as a ghost. Running his fingers through his blonde locks, he glanced down to the letter you gave him before he left.