𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟒: 𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐄

You, Hermione, Ron, and Harry stared up together with the other students as Filch placed something up again on the wall. Another Educational Decree. Your eyes narrowed to see what was written. 'Dolores Umbridge replaced Dumbledore as head of Hogwarts.' You scoffed. 'I suddenly want to commit murder.'

Dumbledore had escaped from being sent to Azkaban when he took the blame for creating the Dumbledore's Army, protecting Harry and the students who joined the organization. So the Ministry appointed Dolores Umbridge to replace Albus Dumbledore as the headmistress of Hogwarts. 

"Boys and girls are not to be within eight inches of each other." Umbridge's voice echoed through the speakers. You glanced at Hermione and pointed at your ears. "Oi, Mione. Would you mind checking if my ears are bleeding?"

Hermione rolled her eyes with an amused laugh causing you to smirk. You turned around to walk away, but you bumped into someone. You blinked twice to see a familiar blonde-haired boy.

Draco's eyes widened. "I..." He started but was unable to form any more words. You looked away and walked away, earning some glances from Ron, Harry, and Hermione.

Ron turned to Draco, who stood next to him. "Is this your way of protecting her?"

Draco glanced at him with a glare and watched as the trio walked away, following you. He sighed heavily before going on a different way. "I fucking messed up." He whispered to himself, running his fingers through his hair.

He suddenly bumped into someone which he immediately recognized who the person was."Mr. Malfoy, would you please watch where you're going?" Professor Snape hissed. Draco gulped and nodded. "Sorry, professor."

The next day, you and the rest of the Dumbledore's Army members were on the Great Hall with Umbridge sitting on Dumbledore's chair. You and the others were writing on a paper with the same quill you used in Umbridge's detention. The words you write were forming and digging on your skins. You hissed in pain. 'It's sinking in, alright.'

You winced in pain and sucked in the air sharply. Your fists clenched as you glared up at Umbridge sitting too comfortably on the chair like she was royalty as she drank her tea. Students' suffering was her satisfaction. In conclusion, she generally hates children.

Fred and George looked up, glaring intensely at the toad of a woman as the headmistress inhaled sharply in relief. You and the rest of the Dumbledore's Army all exited the Great Hall when all were finished. All of you noticed Cho standing all alone, looking at everyone worriedly.

The members ignored her or avoided her. Cho glanced at you while you gave her a sympathetic smile before walking away and lowering your head down. You noticed Peter approaching Megan and holding her wounded hand firmly, even gently kissing it to ease the pain.

You held your wounded hand as some blood dripped on the floor. You stopped by an empty corridor and leaned on a wall, holding your hand out in pain. 'This is the third time that has happened to me.'

"Stark."

You looked around and saw Draco Malfoy with his robes hanging around his arm. You looked down, avoiding his gaze when he stood in front of you. He gently took your scarred hand, and his breathing hitched. "First of all, I didn't know you and Potter made an organization against Umbridge."

"Against the Ministry, specifically." You muttered. "The Minister of Magic has lost his damn mind."

"I..." Draco sighed as his thumb slightly brushed your wounded hand. "I'm not going to ask why you did it and why you decided to go against Umbridge because we both know the answer."