𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐀𝐓

"Hagrid!" Harry greeted a huge and tall guy who was holding a lamp. You followed him along with Ron.

"Hello, Harry!" Rubeus Hagrid greeted back. "Now! First years! Come follow me!"

You and the other students rode boats to reach the school. You admire the castle with Hermione as it goes closer and closer. It was like a fairytale you imagine while reading books. Finally, you together with your friends and other students went inside and went to the stairs. You were all greeted by an old woman.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. I'm Professor McGonagall." The lady greeted with a warm smile. "Now in a few moments, we will pass through these doors and join your classmates but before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses."

You looked at Hermione as Ron looked at Harry.

"They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin." She said. "Now when you're here, your house will be like your family..." McGonagall continued to say the rules and about the points.

You then heard a toad's croak. You looked down and saw a toad.

"Trevor!" You heard a boy exclaimed. You saw the boy and assumed that it was Neville Longbottom, the boy who Hermione was talking about earlier on the train. He quickly carried his toad then looked at the old lady. He stood up and gave a quick apology to her.

"Sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." The lady finishes and walked away.

"It's true then."

You heard a familiar voice just behind you and your new friends. It was so familiar that you knew who it was already. Few students looked at the boy who talked.

"What they're saying on the train." The boy with plain blonde hair continued with a smirk. "Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts."

You and Hermione looked at Harry as students started whispering and murmuring words.

"Harry Potter?" Neville asked in awe.

"This is Crabbe and Goyle." Draco introduced his two friends before walking up in front of Harry, standing tall and proud. "And I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy."

Draco noticed you and smiled at you while you just waved in return earning a look from Hermione. You heard Ron's snort causing Draco to snap his head at the ginger boy. glaring at him sternly. "You think my name is funny, do you? No need to ask yours."

Ron glared at him as Draco continued to talk, mocking the boy. "Red hair and a hand-me-down robe. You must be a Weasley."

A frown was placed on your face as you watched Draco looked back at Harry. "You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter." He then turned to Ron again as he insulted him more. He looked at Harry once again and extended his arms, offering a handshake. "I can help you there."

Harry stared down at Draco's hand. You were wondering if he was going to accept the handshake. The students were anticipating Harry Potter's response to Draco Malfoy.

And he finally did.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks," Harry replied with no handshake but with a glare.

Professor McGonagall came back and patted Draco's shoulder. He glanced at the old woman before glaring at Harry and walking away. McGonagall looked at everyone and spoke. "We're ready for you now. Follow me." You and the others followed her, entering the Great Hall.

The Sorting Ceremony was being held at the Great Hall. It started right after Professor Albus Dumbledore's speech about a few rules. After the speech, Professor McGonagall brought out a scroll with names listed there and a brown magic hat: the Sorting Hat.