𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟎: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐌

The First Task was finished and Harry successfully got the golden egg. Everyone in the Gryffindor Common Room was celebrating. You watched as Fred and George carried Harry to their shoulders.

"We knew you wouldn't die, Harry!" Fred exclaimed in excitement with a smile. "Might lose a leg."

"Or an arm," George added.

"But pack it in altogether?"

"Never!" They both said in unison.

"Shush!" Seamus exclaimed to everyone who was cheering. Everyone stopped with what they were doing and became quiet. Seamus kissed the egg and gave it to Harry. "Go on, Harry! What's the clue?"

"Who wants me to open it?" Harry asked, raising the egg. The students nodded and shouted for him to open it while you shook your head. "Do you want me to open it?" Harry once asked again.

"Harry, I think it's a bad idea--"

Before you could finish your sentence, Harry opened the egg and it started shrieking so loudly that all of you covered your ears. Fred and George dropped Harry as they covered their ears as well. Immediately, Harry closed it.

"The bloody hell was that?"

All of you looked at Ron who just entered the Common Room. The Weasley twins noticed their younger brother. "All right, everyone! Go back to your knitting." Fred announced. "This is gonna be uncomfortable enough without all of you nosy sods listening in."

Everyone started walking away as Ron approached Harry while you and Hermione listened. "I reckon you have to be barking mad to put your own name in the Goblet of Fire."

"Caught on, have you? Took you long enough." Harry said coldly. You furrowed your eyebrows and gently nudged him.

"I wasn't the only one who thought you'd done it." Ron excused. "Everyone was saying it behind your back."

Harry glanced at everyone and turned to you and Hermione. You shook your head no while Hermione shrugged. "Brilliant. That makes me feel loads better." Harry said sarcastically.

"At least I warned you about the dragons."

"Hagrid warned me about the dragons."

"No, no, no, I did! Don't you remember? I told Hermione to tell you that Seamus told me that Parvati told Dean that Hagrid was looking for you!" Harry looked confused. "Seamus never actually told me anything, so it was really me all along. I thought we'd be alright, you know? After you figured that out."

"Who... who could possibly figure that out?" Harry questioned. "That's completely mental."

Ron softly chuckled. "Yeah... it is, isn't it? I suppose I was a bit distraught." Harry smiled weakly.

"Boys!" Hermione said in disbelief as she shook her head while you softly chuckled and glanced at Ginny who smiled.

°•○●○•°

Draco was on his way to the Great Hall and purposely shoved a first-year Ravenclaw student. When the student almost fell, he slightly snickered and continued walking.

"Malfoy, don't be a prat!" Draco heard behind him causing him to turn around to face the girl who scolded him.

"What did you say?" Draco questioned.

"You heard me." The Hufflepuff girl replied as she helped the Ravenclaw boy up. "Or are you too full of yourself that you can't hear anymore?"

"How dare you--"

"Eliza, let's go!" Another girl whispered loudly, trying to pull her Hufflepuff friend away. Eliza, the Hufflepuff girl, stuck out her tongue out to mock Draco before following her friend while the Ravenclaw boy ran away.