𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟏: 𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐔𝐃

Draco woke up early in the morning and stared for a moment at the ceiling. He sighed deeply as he sat up and glanced at the green box that was once contained your gift for him. Standing up and dressing up for the day, he got out of the Boys' Dormitories and went to the Common Room to spot Stacey talking to Pansy.

Stacey glanced up at Draco and smiled. "Why, hello there." She greeted as she pushed Pansy aside. "Little early, don't you think, Malfoy?"

"I'm visiting someone," Draco replied as he fixed his robes. "And it's none of your business to know who it is."

"Oh, I know who it is." Stacey crossed her arms and frowned. "You're seriously hanging out with that Gryffindor git? You're better than that."

Draco glared at Stacey. "Look, this attitude of yours won't get me to like you, Doom. And I think being friends with (Y/n) Stark is one of the smart decisions I have ever made than being friends with you." 

Stacey grabbed Draco's arm. "You sound just like Harry Potter. Remember you're a Malfoy."

Draco yanked his arm off and stepped closer to her. "Sod off, Doom." He turned around and left the Common Room, leaving Stacey huffing and Pansy gasping. 

The Slytherin boy quickly went to the hospital wing to visit you and discarded the wilted flowers on the vase, replacing them with new ones. Draco sat beside you and glanced at Peter who was also Petrified, looking in the distance, or maybe was looking at something that made him Petrified.

Draco's attention turned back to you as he sighed. He looked up to the table beside and found a letter. He took it and opened it, revealing the letter from Edward Anthony Stark.

My dearest daughter,

⠀⠀⠀I had heard what happened to you. I assume that by the time you receive this, you're still Petrified. Your mother is worried sick and Megan is panicking. I couldn't protect my own girls because I'm not by their side.

⠀⠀⠀You were supposed to be enrolled at Beauxbatons Academy of Magic but your mother insisted that you should be at Hogwarts. I thought you were going to have a good time but here you are...

⠀⠀⠀It's dangerous out there. Once you're well and home, I will transfer you. But if you wish not to, then promise me to be more careful. This old man loves you 3000. He always does.

Love,
Dad

Draco quickly placed the letter down and stared at you. "She's going to transfer..." Draco held your hand and closed his eyes. "Please don't go. I'll miss you."

He stood up until he found a folded paper in your pocket. He took it out and saw your notes. "The Basilisk has a murderous stare, and all who are fixed with the beam of its eye shall suffer instant death." Draco read out loud. "By looking at it indirectly, you will be a victim of Petrification. But where could it be?"

Draco's eyes widened and looked at you. "Thank you, (Y/n)." He quickly gave you a quick kiss on your forehead before running away to find Harry and Ron. 

°•○●○•°

"Of the many fearsome beasts that roam our land, none is more deadly than the Basilisk, known also as the King of Serpents." Harry read from the crumpled page that Hermione was clutching. "Capable of living for hundreds of years, instant death awaits any who meet this giant serpent's eye. Spiders flee before it."

Harry gasped. "Ron, this is it. The monster in the Chamber of Secrets is a Basilisk. That's why I can hear it speak. It's a snake."

Ron started thinking. "But if it kills by looking people in the eye, why is it no one's dead?"