𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟒: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐔𝐒 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊

You were staring at the window as Harry, Hermione, and Ron talked while a stranger just beside Harry was asleep. Everywhere else was full so you decided to share with the sleeping stranger who turned out to be Professor Remus Lupin.

"Let me get this straight. Sirius Black escaped from Azkaban to come after you?" Ron asked Harry in worry.

"Yeah." Harry sighed.

"But they'll catch Black, won't they?" Hermione questioned. "I mean, everyone's looking for him."

"Sure." Ron nodded. "Except no one's ever broken out of Azkaban before and he's a murderous raving lunatic."

Harry blinked at his friend and stared at him in disbelief. "Thanks, Ron." Harry turned to you as you maintained eye contact outside. "(Y/n)?"

You snapped out of your thoughts and looked at your three friends who were staring at you in worry. "Yeah?"

"You're awfully quiet." Ron frowned as he caressed his rat, Scabbers. "Are you sure you're okay?"

'Why is everyone asking me the same question over and over again?' You smiled and slowly nodded. "Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

Suddenly, the train stopped abruptly. "Why did the train stopped?" Hermione asked. "We can't be there yet."

You started to feel cold and hugged yourself. "It's so cold." You muttered and leaned your head on the window. Harry stood up and opened the door, peeking his head out along with the other students inside to investigate what was happening until the train shook violently.

The shake made you flinch while Harry was pushed back to his seat and the door closed. "What's going on?" Ron asked frantically.

"I don't know," Harry replied. "Maybe we've broken down."

The lights abruptly shut off. Hermione glared at Ron who was leaning towards you to see the window. "Ouch, Ron. That was my foot."

The lights flickered back on as you and Ron saw something moving in the distance. "There's something moving out there." You stated as you squinted your eyes to try and see what it was while placing your hand against the window. "I think someone's coming aboard."

The train shook violently again. "Uhh... guys..." Ron said as he pointed at the window. You gazed at the window and saw it was freezing, including the bottled glass of which Professor Lupin owns. 

The train shook more violently causing Ron to yelp. "Bloody hell! What's happening?"

Harry glanced at Lupin who was still surprisingly asleep. Unexpectedly, you and your friends saw a mysterious figure. You thought it was a ghost when the door's handled moved and opened the door without being touched. Once it was opened, it turned to Harry and you saw it was like sucking something out from Harry.

Lupin immediately opened his eyes and stood up, pointing his wand at the dark creature. His wand conjured a bright light causing the creature to back away. Harry passed out with his glasses falling on the ground as you and your friends rushed towards him.

Lights slowly turned on and the train finally started moving. You sat where Lupin previously sat and placed Harry's head on your lap. "Harry? Harry, are you alright?" You gently shook him to wake him up. He opened his eyes and slowly sat up. "Are you alright?"

Harry nodded wordlessly. He sat up and Hermione gave his glasses back. "Thank you." He looked at the professor who saved him from the creature. Lupin was sitting just on the other side and his arm was stretched out, giving Harry something. "Here, eat this. It'll help."

Harry hesitated but Lupin reassured him. "Don't worry it's just chocolate." The professor smiled kindly.

"What was that thing that came?" Harry asked as he took a bite of the chocolate and looked up at the door where the creature once was.