𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕𝟒: 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐋𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐒

"You're not still mad at him, are you?" You asked Hermione as the four of you walked your way to Xenophilius Lovegood's house through a field.

Hermione glanced at Ron, who was walking in front of you with Harry. "I'm always mad at him."

"Keep off the Dirigible Plums." Ron read the sign outside the Lovegoods' abode.

Xenophilius Lovegood finally opened the door. "What is it? Who are you? What do you want?" He asked.

Harry stepped forward. "Hello, Mr. Lovegood. I'm Harry Potter. We met a few months ago. Could we come in?"

Xenophilius examined the four of you first before letting you and your friends inside his humble home. You all sat down as he gave you and your friends cups of tea.

"Where is Luna?" You asked Mr. Lovegood curiously.

"Luna?" Xenophilius shrugged. "I don't know. She'll be along."

You scanned down at your tea before taking a sip with your friends following your actions. Your eyes slightly widened, and you softly gulped the tea as you casually set the teacup down on your lap. 'No offense, Luna, but I don't like how your father makes tea.'

"So... how can I help you, Mr. Potter?" Xenophilius asked.

Harry cleared his throat. "Well, actually... it was about something that you were wearing around your neck at the wedding. A symbol."

Xenophilius pulled out his necklace, showing you and your friends the pendant. "You mean this?"

"Yes." Harry nodded as he came closer to touch the pendant. "That one exactly. What we've wondered is... what is it?"

"What is it? Well... it's the sign of the Deathly Hallows, of course."

"The what?" The four of you asked in unison.

"The Deathly Hallows." He repeated. "I assume you're all familiar with the Tale of the Three Brothers?"

You, Hermione, and Ron nodded. "Yes."

Harry shook his head. "No."

Xenophilius glanced at Harry for a moment of disbelief. Hermione pulled out something from her bag. "I have it in here." She opened the book and started reading. "There were once three brothers, who were traveling along a lonely winding road... at twilight...."

"Midnight." Ron interrupted. You raised a brow at him while Hermione gave him a stern look. "Mum always said midnight."

When Ron noticed the looks that he received, he looked back at Hermione. "But twilight's fine. Better, actually."

"Do you want to read it?" Hermione asked, giving him the book.

Ron shook his head. "No, no. It's fine."

You watched as Xenophilius glanced at his window, and you looked at him suspiciously while Hermione sighed and continued the story. "There were once three brothers who were traveling along a lonely winding road at twilight. In time, the brothers reached a river too treacherous to pass."

You looked back at Hermione and kept the pocket watch back into your pocket. "But being learned in the magical arts, the three brothers simply waved their wands... and made a bridge. Before they could cross, however, they found their path blocked by a hooded figure."

Hermione paused for a moment and looked at you and the others. "It was Death, and he felt cheated. Cheated because travelers usually drowned in the river. But Death was cunning. He pretended to congratulate the three brothers on their magic and said that each had earned a prize for having been clever enough to evade him."