𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟓: 𝐏𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐑𝐒. 𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐒

You were walking in the hallway alone, looking for Harry, until you noticed that someone was following you. You looked down and noticed three shadows coming after you. A shiver came down your spine. You walked faster and they did too. You were about to run but someone grabbed your arm. Without hesitating, you slapped their face harshly. You gasped and he was stunned a bit.

It was Draco Malfoy.

"That was a good slap." He commented and touched his now red cheek. Crabbe and Goyle snickered causing you and Draco to glare at them making them stop.

"Blimey, Malfoy." You yanked my arm back and glared at him. "Don't scare me like that if you don't want to be slapped. I could do worse than that."

You were about to walk away but Draco grabbed your arm again. You looked at him with your eyebrows furrowed in annoyance. He winced when he saw your face. "Oh, you're mad."

"Oh, not just mad." You yanked your arm back again and stepped closer to him, your face was inches away from him. "Very mad."

You stepped away and walked away once again. Draco didn't stop you but instead, he ordered his goons to walk away and followed you. You rolled your eyes and turned to him. "What do you want?"

"I-I didn't notice you a while ago. On the Courtyard. I-I'm--"

"Sorry?" You interrupted. Draco's lips were sealed when you started talking. "You've said that before. You still bully my friends and worse, you insulted my best friend Hermione. I'm disappointed in you, Malfoy because I gave you a chance. I thought you were better than your father."

You scoffed when he didn't reply so you walked away again, leaving the blonde alone. When you were far enough from Draco, you noticed Harry with Hermione and Ron. "Harry?"

You saw them looking at something in the walls. "What's going on? Did someone die?" You asked as you looked closer and witnessed spiders, lining up, following something.

"Strange," Harry muttered. "I've never seen spiders act like that."

"I don't like spiders," Ron said, terrified at what he was staring at. Ron suddenly noticed something on the floor so the four of you turned your attention to it. It was reflecting something. "What's that?"

The four of you looked up at the wall and saw a sentence written with blood. "The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the Heir... beware." Hermione read out loud. "It's written in blood."

Harry looked to the corner at something causing you and Hermione to look at it too. Hermione gasped while Harry's eyes widened. "Oh no." Harry approached a cat dangling, frozen. "It's Filch's cat. It's Mrs. Norris."

You turned around and discovered students coming in. You looked to the other side to see Slytherins and Hufflepuffs together including Draco and Peter. Draco's smile disappeared when he saw everything. Colin was about to take a picture but Percy stopped him by lowering his camera.

"Enemies of the Heir, beware?" Draco asked as he read the text out loud. He and his two friends looked at you and your friends. He was about to say something but kept it to himself.

Stacey stepped out from the crowd, standing next to Draco, and looked at you and your friends with a smirk. "You'll be next, Mudbloods." She suddenly said causing Draco to glare at her.

"What's going on here?" We heard Filch asked causing Harry to look at him. "Make way, make way, make way!" He saw Harry. "Potter. What are you...?"

He looked at the scene and saw his cat. "Mrs. Norris?" He asked, breathlessly. "You've murdered my cat." He said to Harry, lips were shaking in sadness and anger.

Harry shook his head. "No. No."

Draco just watched in silence while his two friends looked at each other, snickering. You eyed Draco but noticed he didn't react.

"I'll kill ya." Filch grabbed Harry's collar. "I'll kill ya!"

"Argus!"

Dumbledore stepped out from the crowd with the few other professors causing Hufflepuffs and Slytherins to step out of the way. "Argus, I--" He paused when he saw the text on the wall. "Everyone will proceed to the dormitories immediately."

You and your friends were about to leave but Dumbledore spoke again. "Everyone except..." The four of you froze and turned around at him and he pointed at you and your friends. "You four."

The other students left while Draco stayed for a bit and looked at you sympathetically. You glanced at him and saw him sighed as he left with the other students, going to their respective dormitories.

"She's not dead Argus," Dumbledore said. "She has been Petrified."

"Ah! Thought so. So lucky I wasn't there." Lockhart suddenly spoke up. You rolled your eyes mentally. "I know exactly what curse I could cast."

The teachers just looked at him and he just looked away, feeling embarrassed and awkward.

"But how she's been petrified, I can not say," Dumbledore stated, ignoring Lockhart.

"Ask him." Filch pointed at Harry. "It's him that's done it. You saw what he wrote on the wall."

"It's not true, sir, I swear!" Harry defended. "I never touched Mrs. Norris."

"Rubbish!" Filch exclaimed.

"I think I might I have to agree with Argus, Headmaster," Snape said as he looked at you and your friends. "Potter and his friends are always at the wrong place, wrong time." He walked towards us and faced Harry. "However, the circumstances are suspicious. I, for one, don't recall seeing Potter at dinner."

"I'm afraid that's my doing, Severus." Lockhart intervened causing Snape to look at him. "You see, Harry was helping me answer my fan mails."

"That's why Ronald and I went out looking for him, Professor," Hermione explained. "(Y/n) went on different way to go and look for him. We found him and said..." She looked at Harry causing you to look at your friends in confusion.

"Yes? Ms. Granger?" Snape asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"When I said I wasn't hungry." Harry finished with a lie. You narrowed your eyes suspiciously to Harry. "We were heading back to the Common Room when we found Mrs. Norris."

Snape raised a brow then turned to Dumbledore for an answer. "Innocent until proven guilty, Severus," Dumbledore replied.

"My cat has been Petrified," Filch argued. "I wanna see some punishment!" He yelled.

"We will be able to cure her, Argus," Dumbledore said calmly. "As I understand it, Madam Sprout has a very healthy growth of Mandrake. When matured, a potion will be made which will revive Mrs. Norris. And in the meantime, I strongly recommend caution... to all..."

You and your friends headed back to the Gryffindor Common Room. "So are you all not gonna tell me the truth about what happened back there? About what Harry said?"

"I'll tell you the full story later if we get back to our dormitories, (Y/n). But long story short, Harry was hearing a voice in the walls until we found Mrs. Norris petrified." Hermione sighed. "It's a bit strange, isn't it?

Harry furrowed his eyebrows. "Strange?"

Hermione turned to Harry. "You hear this voice, a voice only you can hear, and then Mrs. Norris turns up Petrified? It's just... strange."

"Do you think I should have told them? Dumbledore and the others, I mean."

Ron looked at him unbelievably. "Are you mad?"

Hermione shook her head. "No, Harry. Even in the wizarding world, hearing voices isn't a good sign."

Then the painting spoke, who was just beside Ron and Harry and was listening to the conversation the whole time. "She's right, you know."