𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟖: 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐒

"Alastor Moody. Ex-Auror, Ministry malcontent, and your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher." Moody introduced as he took a chalk and wrote his name on the blackboard. "I am here because Dumbledore asked me. End of story. Goodbye. The end! Any questions?"

The students stared at him in silence as Moody continued to talk. "When it comes to the Dark Arts, I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many Unforgivable Curses there are?"

"Three, sir." You answered, inhaling sharply causing Draco to look at you.

"And they are so named?" Moody asked.

"Because they are unforgivable," Hermione answered too. "The use of any one of them will..."

"Will earn you a one-way ticket to Azkaban. Correct?" Moody interrupted as he wrote the words on the blackboard. "The Ministry says you are too young to see what these curses do. I say different!" He threw back the chalk on his desk as he exclaimed.

"You need to know what you're up against! You need to be prepared..." As Moody turned to the blackboard again, Seamus secretly placed his gum under his desk. "You need to find another place to put your chewing gum besides the underside of your desk, Mr. Finnegan!"

Everyone looked at Seamus except for you. You were looking down at your book, your chin was resting on your hand.

"No way. The old codger can see out of the back of his head." Seamus whispered.

Suddenly, Moody threw a piece of chalk at him. Students ducked, including you, afraid that the chalk might hit all of you. "And hear across classrooms!"

Students looked back at Moody as he stepped forward to Harry and Ron. "So, which curse shall we see first?" He looked down at Ron. "Weasley!"

Ron jumped a little. "Yes?" Ron asked.

"Stand!" Moody exclaimed. Ron obliged and gulped. "Give us a curse."

Ron looked around then looked back at Moody. "Well... my dad did tell me about one. The Imperius Curse?"

Moody nodded. "Oh, yeah, your father would know all about that one. Gave the Ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. Perhaps this will show you why."

Moody went back to his desk and opened a jar with a spider inside.

"Hello!" Moody greeted the spider as he took the spider out. "Lovely little beauty."

Moody pointed his wand at the spider. "Engorgio." The spider grew into the size of his hand. "Imperio!" Moody cast the spell on the spider. The spider suddenly flew towards Dean and Neville's desk with Moody's control.

The spider went to Crabbe's forehead causing him to whimper. Everyone starts laughing. "Don't worry. It's completely harmless." Moody reassured.

You smiled for a bit as you watched the spider hopping to Padma's hand. Draco was just behind her and observed the spider on her hand. She started panicking when the spider climbed up on her shoulder.

Moody floated the spider above Ron's head. "If she bites... she's lethal!" Moody laughed with everyone as he placed the spider in Ron's head causing him to whimper.

Moody noticed Draco snickering. "What are you laughing at?" You saw the spider jumping out of Ron's head and landing on Draco's face. And for the first time, you chuckled, a big smile forming on your lips. You watched as Draco started panicking and slapped Goyle, squirming, and not knowing what to do. Everyone laughed harder.

"Talented, isn't she? What should I have her do next? Jump out the window?" Moody flicked his wand to the side to make the spider flew toward the closed window, slamming into the glass. Everyone slowly stopped laughing.