𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟗: 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐋𝐒

Parvati Patil cast a charm to make a paper bird fly around the classroom. You looked up to see it flying around making you smile and bringing back memories.

"Look, pumpkin!"

Edward showed you a paper bird flying when you were six years old while Megan was five.

"How did you do that, daddy?"

"Magic."

Then you remembered him jumping around to catch it and ends up failing because of how high the paper bird was flying. Once he did, he brought it to you so you and Megan could take a closer look.

"Do you want to make it fly?"

Then he taught you how to do it. You made it fly and it was flying around the house. You remember hearing Megan's giggles as she tried to catch the flying paper bird around even if she couldn't reach it.

It was beautiful. You sighed heavily. 'I miss you, Dad.'

In all of a sudden, the paper bird was burned down by none other than Dolores Umbridge. The burnt paper was dropped back down to Parvati and Padma's desk. You and the other students turned around to see her by the entrance. You scrunched your nose in annoyance, a habit you've been picking up on now. 'Oh, great. It's Dolores Killjoy.'

"Good morning, children." She greeted you all as she formed a sweet sickeningly smile. As she walked towards the board, she raised her wand and the chalk started writing. "Ordinary Wizarding Level Examinations. O-W-Ls!"

Umbridge turned to her students once she was in front. "More commonly known as OWLs! Study hard and you will be rewarded." She explained. "Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe."

You raised your hand up earning some looks from your friends including a certain Slytherin student. Umbridge nodded at you. "Yes, dear?"

"What consequences?" You questioned. "Hopefully nothing that could possibly kill us."

Seamus snickered, agreeing with your answer while Harry and Ron smiled. Umbridge blinked her eyes. "I assure you, Ms. Stark, the consequences will be far from death but will be severe."

You clenched your jaw when you realized she knows you. Umbridge noticed your change of expression as you placed your hand down. "Yes, Ms. Stark. I know very well who you are. And your reputation nor your family name will not stop me from punishing you if you did something wrong."

You knew Umbridge favored the pure-bloods such as yourself or Draco but you had a feeling that she didn't like Edward Stark. Meaning, she started hating the Stark family as well. Then with one wave of her wand, the books started floating and were placed on your tables. "Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven. But you'll be pleased to know, from now on, you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved course of defensive magic."

You looked down at the book and furrowed your eyebrows in surprise. 'Basic for Beginners?' You glanced at Hermione who was also thinking the same thing. 'Ministry-approved? Well, this Ministry-approved book is for children and boring.'

Hermoine, who was beside you, raised her hand. Umbridge saw her. "Yes?"

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells?" Hermione asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Using spells?" Umbridge questioned. "Haha!"

You blinked in surprise when you heard her laugh. 'Okay. First of all, what the fuck is that laugh.'

"Well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom," Umbridge replied with a smile as she walked towards you and Hermione.

"We're not gonna use magic?" Ron asked in disbelief.