𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟔: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐋𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍

Draco looked around the Slytherin Common Room and saw some boys were awake and some weren't. He sighed deeply and sat down on the couch, stretched his legs, and waited for Crabbe and Goyle.

While he was waiting, he noticed Pansy just coming towards him after talking to Stacey.

"What do you want?" Draco asked her, furrowing his eyebrows.

"You seem bothered. Are you alright?" She asked.

Draco looked away and gazed at the fireplace instead. 'The view of the fire is much better than seeing her face.' He huffed. "I am. Now leave me alone."

In the corner of his eye, Draco saw her nodded and exited the room. He was about to look away until he saw Stacey waving at him. He blinked repeatedly in confusion and surprise before shaking his head and taking a deep breath, grabbing a red apple on the side table beside the couch. Draco shrugged and grabbed one, taking a bite. 'I still prefer green apples.'

Draco took another bite and looked at the ring you gave him last Christmas. 'I have to apologize to her. But she might never forgive me. I insulted and offended her friends.'

Draco sighed deeply and finished his apple. After he was done, Draco threw it in a bin. He glanced at Crabbe and Goyle who were walking towards him. "What took you guys so long? Come on."

It was Transfiguration class. Goyle and Draco sat just behind Harry and Ron while you sat beside Hermione and rested your chin on your palm that was placed on the desk. Hermione looked at you worriedly. "Are you alright?"

You nodded. "Yeah. Just... thinking..."

Hermione was about to speak but Professor McGonagall came. She went in front and started talking. "Could I have your attention, please? Now, today, we will be transforming animals into... water goblets."

You continued to listen to her. You felt eyes looking at you so you looked at the person who was staring. Grey eyes filled with worry met yours as Draco slightly jumped when you caught him staring and quickly put his attention back to Professor McGonagall.

"1... 2... 3! Vera Verto." Professor McGonagall cast a spell that turned the bird into a water goblet.

Harry and Ron gasped and so did the other students. You expressed nothing, too tired to express anything. You knew the spell already since you've read that in books. You were a bit down and needed something to enlighten you today.

"Now it's your turn. Who would like to go first?" McGonagall asked as she walked around. "Oh! Mr. Weasley, why don't you try?"

The other students watched him gulped and cleared his throat. He pointed his broken wand at Scabbers. "Vera Verto!" Since his wand was broken, Scabbers turned into a water goblet but with his fur and tail on. Needless to say, his task failed successfully.

The students giggled including Harry. Ron picked up Scabbers-goblet and observed it with an uneasy look. You just smiled and found it a bit amusing.

"That wand needs replacing, Mr. Weasley." Professor sighed. She was about to walk away but Hermione shot her hand up. "Yes, Ms. Granger?"

Hermione put her hand back down and looked at McGonagall. "Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets."

'Finally. Something good.' Your eyes flickered in curiosity as you leaned closer. Draco glanced at Hermione then turned back to Professor McGonagall.

Professor Minerva McGonagall stared at everyone. Seeing everyone's faces turned all serious and were filled with curiosity, she sighed. "Very well. Well, you all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago, by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age. Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. Now, three of the founders co-existed quite harmoniously. One did not."