𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒: 𝐒𝐋𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍'𝐒 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐄𝐑

You and Hermione were in the Courtyard, reading books under a tree. You glanced at Hermione who was focused on her book. "Have you read Romeo and Juliet?"

Hermione froze when she heard your question and looked up from her book. "How did you know that?"

You shrugged. "I sometimes read books from the Muggle world to have more knowledge about your world than just learning about the wizarding world. I just don't tell everyone because we have to keep it a secret."

"Why did you tell me?"

"Because I can trust you."

Hermione smiled until she nodded. "Yeah, I know Romeo and Juliet and read it. Have you?"

"I haven't finished it." You admitted. "I got occupied with reading with other books." Silence filled the air once again until you wanted to ask another question. "Hermione?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you fancy anyone?" You asked out of nowhere and in curiosity but still focused on your book.

Hermione nodded. "Gilderoy Lockhart."

You rolled your eyes and finally put your book down, facing her. "Not a teacher. I meant a student or someone who has the same age as we have. Maybe older? I don't know."

Hermione blushed in embarrassment. "Oh! I-I'm quite not sure. How about you?"

"Well, I--"

"Hello, Hermione! Hello, (Y/n)!"

You and Hermione looked up and saw Ron with Peter. Peter smiled. "Hello, (Y/n)."

"Hi, Peter." You greeted back.

"Peter, this is Hermione by the way." Ron introduced. Hermione stood up and shook hands with Peter. "I'm Hermione. Hermione Granger."

"I'm Peter. Peter Ambrose." Peter introduced.

"So, what are you two up to?" Ron asked as Hermione and Peter pulled away from the handshake. Before you could answer you heard people talking.

"I don't believe it! Where you think you're going, Flint?" You heard Oliver Wood asked. You stood up with Hermione and you all walked towards them. It was the Gryffindor Quidditch Team talking to the Slytherin Quidditch Team.

"Quidditch practice!" Marcus Flint answered proudly.

"I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today."

"Easy, Wood. I've got a note." Flint gave Oliver the note.

"Uh-oh. I smell trouble." Ron whispered to you, Hermione, and Peter.

"I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new Seeker." Oliver read the note. He looked up from the note. "You've got a new Seeker? Who?"

Draco Malfoy stepped out from behind the players, smirking. Your eyes widened. 'Him? A Seeker?'

Harry stepped out. "Malfoy?" He asked, shocked.

"That's right. And that's not all that's new this year." He told Harry. You all looked down at the new brooms that the Slytherin Quidditch Team has.

"Those are Nimbus Two-Thousand and Ones!" Peter exclaimed.

"How'd you get those?" Ron gasped.

Flint smirked down at Ron and Peter while Draco glanced at Flint. "A gift from Draco's father."

'Oh, great. Of course, Lucius Malfoy would buy his son's way into the team.' You mentally rolled your eyes.

"You see, Weasley, unlike some, my father can afford the best." Draco insulted. You sighed and shook your head.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in." Hermione suddenly spoke. "They got in on pure talent."

Draco felt insulted and he walked towards Hermione, still not noticing that you were beside Peter. "No one asked your opinion, you filthy Mudblood!"

Your expression suddenly changed as you felt anger inside you. Peter noticed this and held your wrist causing you to glance at him. You looked at Hermione who was controlling herself not to cry but was offended by what Draco said.

"You'll pay for that one Malfoy!" Ron exclaimed causing Draco to look at him. Ron pulled out and pointed his broken wand at him. "Eat slugs!"

Ron's jinx backfired, hitting him in his chest and knocking him several feet backward. The Gryffindor Quidditch Team, you, Peter, and Hermione ran to his side.

"You okay, Ron?" Peter asked, sitting him up.

"Say something!" Hermione demanded. Ron opened his mouth and coughed up a huge slug. Colin Creevey suddenly came and began snapping a picture with his camera. "Wow! Can you turn him around, Harry?" Colin asked.

Harry shook his head. "No, Colin! Get out of the way!" He told him as he helped Ron to stand up. Peter helped him and so did the Gryffindor team. "Let's take him to Hagrid's."

Then suddenly, Ron threw up another slug. Harry jumped in surprise while Hermione sighed. "He'll know what to do," Harry added.

Harry, Hermione, you, and Ron started to run off to Hagrid's as Ron continued to throw up slugs. You stopped in your tracks and turned to Peter. "Are you coming?"

Peter blinked in surprise and nodded. Harry shoved Draco by his shoulder but didn't budge. Draco glanced at your friends and back at his teammates, laughing. You stopped and so did Peter when he saw you. "(Y/n)? Is something wrong?"

You turned to Draco who was still laughing until he stopped his laugh and his smile disappeared. You glared at him and dragged Peter away, following Harry, Hermione, and Ron.

°•○●○•°

"This calls for a specialist's equipment." Hagrid brought a big bucket and gave it to Ron. "Nothing to do but wait 'til it stops, I'm afraid." Ron placed it above his lap and suddenly threw up a slug again.

"Ugh!" Harry exclaimed.

"Better out than in," Hagrid replied before asking a question. "Who was Ron trying to curse anyway?"

"Malfoy." You answered, sighing. You leaned against the wall with Peter. "He called Hermione... a..." You couldn't finish the sentence because it was too offensive. You crossed your arms and looked away.

Hermione stood up and crossed her arms, looking away from you and your friends. "He called me a Mudblood."

Hagrid gasped in utter shock. "He did not!"

Harry looked at Hagrid confusingly. "What's a Mudblood?"

Hermione turned around to look at Harry and tears formed in her eyes. You looked at her in pain to see her cry. You hate seeing your best friend crying "It means 'dirty blood'. Mudblood's a really foul name for someone who's Muggle-born. Someone with non-magic parents. Someone like me. It's not a term one usually hears in civilized conversation." She looked down and leaned on the wall, exhaling shakily.

"See the thing is, Harry, there are some wizards, like the Malfoy family, who think they're better than everyone else because they're what people call pure-blood," Hagrid told Harry.

"That's horrible!" Harry exclaimed as Ron throws up another slug.

"It's disgusting," Ron added as Harry rubbed his back.

"And it's codswallop to boot. Dirty blood." Hagrid scoffed. "Why there isn't a wizard alive today that's not half-blood or less," Hagrid added. He looked at Hermione whose tears were falling already.

"More to the point, they've yet to think of a spell that our Hermione can't do." You added proudly causing her to smile while Peter nodded.

"Come 'ere." Hagrid smiled. Hermione walked towards Hagrid. Hagrid held her hand. "Don't you think on it, Hermione. Don't you think on it for one minute."

"Hugs!" You exclaimed as you ran towards Hermione and hugged her. Hermione giggled and hugged you back. "We're here for you and we'll protect you, okay?"

You felt Hermione nodded and buried her face on your neck, sobbing quietly. You sighed as you patted her head and looked at Peter who gave you a sweet and comforting smile. You smiled back in return.