Countdown to Heaven

AN: Well then, this is gonna be interesting. These are her clothes for the camping trip. She's wearing her sneakers and cap, I'll show what she's wearing to the opening party later. Now let's start the chapter!

Just to remind you:

"Hi!"= Talking in English

"Hi!"= Talking in Japanese

"Hi!"= Words on signs in English

"Hi!"= Words on signs in Japanese

Hi! = Narrator

Hi! = Flashback

'Hi!' = Thoughts

"Hi!" = Talking in flashback

"Hi!" = Talking on the phone

Hi! = Words on paper (unless it's at the beginning or end of the chapter /it had pov written beside it)

(Hi!) = Author-chan talking

That's all now enjoy reading!~

Disclaimer: I don't own DCMK it belongs to the great Aoyama-sensei~ I only own the story and my OC~

Narrator pov. In Agasa's car on the way to Campgrounds~

The three real kids noticed a certain mountain ahead and Ayumi excitedly exclaimed, "It's Mount Fuji!" Mitsuhiko added, "It's beautiful!" Genta, who was in the passenger seat, commented, "It really is the biggest in Japan." Irene smiled at the mountain.

Before Ayumi noticed the tower on her left and asked, "What's that?" which caught their attention, and when Agasa saw what she was talking about, he answered, "Ah, that's the newly constructed Nishitamashi Twin Tower Buildings."

He explained, "They are 319 meters and 294 meters tall each, making them the tallest buildings in Japan." Genta said, "He-eh? I really want to go there." Mitsuhiko asked, "Hakase, after we go camping, can we go there?"

Agasa answered, "Well, it's a bit out of the way, but I guess it's fine." Edogawa thought 'Nishitamashi, huh? Because I exposed the former mayor's crimes, Moriya Teiji challenged me.' Irene stared at the tower with dread under her cap.

Edogawa grew a deadpan look as he added, 'Then again... These guys really like camping.' the three real kids were singing "Tomorrow we camp, and the day after, too!" happily which made Irene smile fondly at them.

A while later at the campgrounds, it was almost sunset, and they were eating their bowls of rice as Mitsuhiko finished his and said, "Gochisosama!" and placed his bowl on the table which made Genta notice something.

He said, "Hey, there's still some rice left. My mom said that if you even leave a bit of rice behind, the gods will punish you." Agasa agreed, "That's right. It's because farmers go through 88 stages to grow rice."

Ayumi asked, "88?" Agasa answered, "Yep. If you split the kanji for rice, it becomes 88, right?" Genta thought about it before he said, "Really?" Ayumi exclaimed, "It does, it does!" Mitsuhiko agreed, "It really does!"

Agasa continued, "This is why one's 88th birthday is their rice age. And then one's 77th birthday is known as their joyful age. And your 99th birthday is called your white age." he asked, "Does anyone know why your 77th birthday is your joyful age?"

Edogawa answered, "It's because the kanji for joyful resembles that of 77, right?"  Haibara added, "One's white age refers to taking one from one hundred's kanji, making it white." Mitsuhiko let out a "He~eh?" before he commented, "Like usual, you two seem to know a lot about this stuff."