The wealthy daughter murder case

AN: It's a wealthy company heiress' birthday party so that's what Irene's wearing to it. Let's start the chapter!

Just to remind you:

"Hi!"= Talking in English

"Hi!"= Talking in Japanese

"Hi!"= Words on signs in English

"Hi!"= Words on signs in Japanese

Hi! = Narrator

Hi! = Flashback

'Hi!' = Thoughts

"Hi!" = Talking in flashback

"Hi!" = Talking on the phone

Hi! = Words on paper (unless it's at the beginning or end of the chapter /it had pov written beside it)

(Hi!) = Author-chan talking

That's all now enjoy reading!~

Disclaimer: I don't own DCMK it belongs to the great Aoyama-sensei~ I only own the story and my OC~

Narrator pov. At the party in the villa~

"Tanjobi Omedeto!" the crowd cheered for the birthday girl who blew out the candles as a result which made everyone start clapping happily before the lights turned back on. The father approached her saying "Happy 24th, Reika!" to which Reika replied "Arigatou, father!" the Yotsui Group chairman who was Reika's father directed his attention to the crowd.

And said "Thank you all for coming all the way to this mountain to celebrate my daughter's birthday! Please look after my daughter and use the Yotsui Group for all your needs." the crowd started clapping as his speech ended.

Near the food table, Kogoro was devouring all the food he could get his hands-on which made Mouri exclaim "Don't pig out so much! How embarrassing!" Kogoro replied with a bite of chicken in his mouth "Shut up! You better eat some too! It's not every day we can eat food this good!" he drank his glass of wine and exclaimed, "Vintage wine sure is different from what I usually drink!" Irene was eating too but not as quick or animalistic as Kogoro, more in a polite way since this was their dinner.

The Yotsui chairman continued "Let me introduce the special guest I invited for you all, the great Mouri Kogoro-sensei!" he pointed towards Kogoro who was still eating impolitely and telling a waiter "Can you put this in a doggy bag? I'm taking it home. We can't go around wasting food!" which was embarrassing since Irene has already finished eating.

The chairman had enough and called out "Mouri-san!" which made Kogoro finally look towards him and that's when the crowd started saying things like "You're that famous, modern-day Akechi Kogoro!" Kogoro replied to the compliments with "Thank you, thank you!"

The chairman explained why Kogoro and his companions are here "Actually, my daughter is indebted to him." Kogoro replied, "Don't mention it." which made Mouri ask "What happened?" Kogoro laughed before answering "It was a tough case I solved for her." Edogawa thought skeptically 'A tough case?' while Irene just thought 'Why is he trying to look cool in front of his daughter who knows him better than anyone?' 

A man spoke up nearby "I heard what you did, Mouri-Tantei! That was good work finding Reika-Ojosama's beloved dog, Bubble-chan!"  Kogoro was embarrassed "Well..." he looked towards Mouri to see her showing a deadpan look.

The man introduced himself "Sorry for not introducing myself sooner. My name is Ichieda Takashi." he gave Kogoro his business card and continued "It's an honor meeting a detective with such a good reputation." Kogoro put an arm behind his head replying "It's nothing!"