Private Eye in the Distant Sea

AN: Here is the next movie! Considering what's supposed to happen at the end, let's see what will change, shall we? Her sneakers are purple, she has her cap on along with her watch and handbag. Now let's start the chapter!

Just to remind you:

"Hi!"= Talking in English

"Hi!"= Talking in Japanese

"Hi!"= Words on signs in English

"Hi!"= Words on signs in Japanese

Hi! = Narrator

Hi! = Flashback

'Hi!' = Thoughts

"Hi!" = Talking in flashback

"Hi!" = Talking on the phone

Hi! = Words on paper (unless it's at the beginning or end of the chapter /it had pov written beside it)

(Hi!) = Author-chan talking

That's all now enjoy reading!~

Disclaimer: I don't own DCMK it belongs to the great Aoyama-sensei~ I only own the story and my OC~

Narrator pov. At Maizuru Bay in the line for boarding the Aegis Destroyer~

Edogawa was watching the news about a certain thing that was found earlier in the morning on his phone "And now for the news. The suspicious boat spotted in Maizuru Bay by the Coast Guard contained data and components not found in Japan. It is believed to have entered the country illegally, and will undergo further investigation."

Mitsuhiko, from his place behind him, asked, "This is Maizuru Bay, right?" Edogawa glanced back up at him and answered, "Yeah." Genta asked, "Did something happen?" Ayumi added, "What is it?" Irene was ahead with Suzuki and Mouri, holding hands with the latter like usual.

Edogawa looked at Ayumi and answered, "A suspicious boat was spotted on the coast this morning." Ayumi let out a "Huh?" in confusion and worry while Genta asked, "What's a suspicious boat?" none of them noticed that the line moved until Suzuki looked back at them and called out, "Hey, brats! Move up, don't leave a gap in the line!" The kids replied, "Hai..." as they moved forward toward the girls. 

Mouri had an annoyed look aimed at her father who was standing behind the kids, reading a newspaper, before she said, "Chotto, Otousan!" which caught Kogoro's attention as he lowered the newspaper to look at her while she continued, "You're the adult here, you're supposed to be watching the kids!"

Kogoro folded the newspaper and pocketed it in his coat while he replied, "Oh, shut up. I'm only here because you said somebody needed to come with you." he walked forward in line to close the gap.

Mouri held up the winning postcard for the Aegis Destroyer with her other hand, which wasn't holding Irene's, and exclaimed, "But it's so rare to get a chance to go aboard an Aegis Destroyer! Getting tickets for one is ten times harder than for other ships!"

Irene sighed as Kogoro replied, "If only you used that luck with the horses." with a laugh and smile which made Mouri turn away from him in annoyance and look back ahead while saying "Mou!" and Edogawa thought 'Taku, Occhan's rude wherever he goes...'

Then Suzuki asked, "What is an Aegis Destroyer anyway?" Mouri let out an "Eh?" as she said, "Etto..." in embarrassment since she realizes she didn't know before Mitsuhiko proudly answered, "Aegis Destroyers are warships fitted with a weapons system developed by the US Navy!"