The Gathering of the Great Detectives!

AN: It's the Sunset Mansion special! Since this is the Boss of the organization's mansion, guess who's going to search for files in there? Her hair is in a braid, she's not wearing a pearl necklace but her locket and bracelet, she's also wearing her sneakers and her handbag, where else would she store the files? she also has the same umbrella from last time. 

Also, I'm not gonna include the flashback to the clock tower heist since it doesn't have anything to do with this anyway so yeah. Now let's start the chapter!

Just to remind you:

"Hi!"= Talking in English

"Hi!"= Talking in Japanese

"Hi!"= Words on signs in English

"Hi!"= Words on signs in Japanese

Hi! = Narrator

Hi! = Flashback

'Hi!' = Thoughts

"Hi!" = Talking in flashback

"Hi!" = Talking on the phone

Hi! = Words on paper (unless it's at the beginning or end of the chapter /it had pov written beside it)

(Hi!) = Author-chan talking

That's all now enjoy reading!~

Disclaimer: I don't own DCMK it belongs to the great Aoyama-sensei~ I only own the story and my OC~

Narrator Pov. At the agency~

Mouri came home from school and checked the mailbox while humming happily before she closed the mailbox and went up the stairs while holding the mail she took out to the agency on the second floor.

She opened the door and said, "Tadaima." Irene happily replied, "Okaeri Ran-neechan." Mouri smiled at her before saying "Something came in the mail for you." going to Kogoro on the desk who replied, "Oh?" 

She looked through the envelopes until she found one that made her ask "What is this? It's creepy." which caught Edogawa's and Kogoro's attention as the latter asked, "What is it, Ran?" she answered, "Here, look at this. It's all black and the bright white writing reads (Mouri Kogoro-sama.) tte."

She placed the envelope on the desk and Kogoro who was smoking put out his cigarette on the ashtray before he picked the envelope up and examined it to notice that "It doesn't have a return address or a sender name. It's probably just a prank."

He opened the envelope and a check fell out while Mouri replied, "You think so?" Edogawa noticed the check as Kogoro unfolded the letter and said, "Let's see. (Due to your skills, you have been invited to join us at this meal) See? I told you so. It's probably just an invitation to a boring detectives' party."

Edogawa said, "I don't think so." which caught his attention as Edogawa held up the check and explained, "Look at this. This fell out of the envelope but it reads 2 million yen." Kogoro exclaimed, "T-Two million yen?!" 

Edogawa placed the check back on the desk and added, "Someone sending that much money, isn't that weird? Since they don't know if the invited guest will come or not." Kogoro now had a thoughtful look.

Mouri said, "Ne, Otousan. Is the name of the sender written on the letter?" Kogoro looked to check and replied, "Huh? Wh-What is this? (The shadow child that God abandoned)?" Mouri asked, "What's wrong with that?"

Edogawa smirked as he thought '(The shadow child... that God abandoned) huh?' easily figuring out what it meant as Irene looked out the window at a certain dove with a smile. And so they decided to go to the party.