OC Backstory

Rose Sparkswood is a 16-year-old Japanese girl who got adopted when she was born because of her birth parents dying just after she was born.

Rose's adopted parents actually hate Japanese people which is why they abused her since she was 2 years old. When Rose got curious she went to the hospital where she was born and asked the doctor who helped with her birth process about her real Japanese surname to find out it's ( Karashima).

The only reason why they adopted her is that they needed a way to be able to torture a Japanese person while being able to hide it and get away with it, and no way is better than to adopt a Japanese orphan.

Rose used to have two Japanese best friends who understood her. One she knew since kindergarten until the end of elementary school, the other she knew since middle school until the end of high school.

The reason she can't see her first friend (Miyuki) anymore is that Miyuki  (ignoring Rose's warnings) confronted Rose's "parents" about the way they treated her which led to them murdering Miyuki using a poison that she unknowingly drank on the plane she took with her parents back to Japan after graduating from elementary school, the same reason could be said for her other friend (Minami) except that her murder was by knife and the body was thrown down a cliff.

Rose is the only one who knew the truth about their deaths, her "parents" weren't suspected because they're perfect actors, they show a nice front around everyone outside their house especially the police so no one could believe they would do something as gruesome as murder and since they threatened Rose to more abuse she didn't say anything. 

The things Miyuki gave Rose other than friendship are: -A Japanese first name as her nickname (Sakura). -The anime Detective Conan.

The latter of which led to her becoming a hardcore fangirl because every time she watches DC it's like seeing another world where all English people like Japanese people and the stories of the teenage high school detective and magician thief are interesting too especially because Rose is a Sherlockian since she read the books the moment she knew how to, so she knows how Kudo feels when someone insults Sherlock.

Rose was also bullied at school because of her Japanese appearance and the only ones who would stand up for her and protect her were her dead friends so after they both died she had to bear with the bullying alone which was hard since they hurt both physically and emotionally, the latter they do by saying words like "When are you gonna die?" and "You don't deserve to live!" and "You're cursed that's why your parents hate you!" all of which she thought of as truth and believed them.  

I bet you're wondering, how is Rose only 16 if she graduated high school? Well, she's a genius for her age, another thing her "parents" hate about her, she actually already graduated university which is why she got to date 3 boys in her life.

One she dated since the beginning of middle school until she found out he's cheating at graduation and broke up with him (he just dated her for her money), the other one she dated at high school thinking he's different until she found out again that he was cheating at graduation and broke up with him (he just dated her so he could pass high school he was bad at all kinds of science and math) and the same thing happened with the last one (he was dared).

Each of them after she found out and screamed the typical heartbroken "WHY?!" answered her with the same words of  "Because you don't deserve true love!!" with the mean laughter at the end.

After losing her friends and her 3 heartbreaks she never let herself fall in love again and the only thing that makes her happy anymore is Detective Conan.

 Basically her life was a living hell that she can only escape from by watching DC or by cutting, mostly the latter since new episodes get released every Saturday ( Sunday when it's late) so she cuts instead (though she reads DC fanfiction when she's too tired to cut). 

Her life goes at a painfully normal pace until one day her "parents" finally snapped with the intent to kill her!

Instead of running away, Rose closed her eyes and embraced her death thinking after all her heartbreaks that she deserved it when she felt the shot (they were using a gun) she didn't feel the pain even as she felt the life seeping out of her instead she felt peaceful and smiled feeling happy since she will meet her friends and her birth parents in death.

But when she opened her eyes again she saw to her surprise coldblooded killers Gin and Vodka talking about a murder they're gonna commit until they noticed her and caught her then used the APTX4869 poison on her saying that it was untested which led to her losing consciousness again only to wake up in the body of a 6-year-old.

Recalling what the two organization members said she read the nearest newspaper and found out that she was in the DC world A MONTH BEFORE KUDO SHRINKS!!! With that knowledge, she decided to go to Ekoda and find a certain magician thief to ask for temporary shelter until Edogawa comes around living under the alias (Midorikawa Irene).

Unbeknownst to her the journey she's gonna have in this world will lead her to true happiness.   

 I hope you like it and enjoy reading!!!

    DC fan2034~