Happy Birthday,______-chan!

AN: This is after episode 66/ The dark street murder case. Specifically the day after. And she doesn't have a Minnie plush with her. Now let's start the chapter!

Just to remind you:

"Hi!"= Talking in English

"Hi!"= Talking in Japanese

"Hi!"= Words on signs in English

"Hi!"= Words on signs in Japanese

Hi! = Narrator

Hi! = Flashback

'Hi!' = Thoughts

"Hi!" = Talking in flashback

"Hi!" = Talking on the phone

Hi! = Words on paper (unless it's at the beginning or end of the chapter /it had pov written beside it)

(Hi!) = Author-chan talking

That's all now enjoy reading!~

Disclaimer: I don't own DCMK it belongs to the great Aoyama-sensei~ I only own the story and my OC~

Narrator pov. In the detective agency~

It was now 10 am, Kogoro had gotten himself drunk earlier at Jun's apartment. (Watch the episode to get it if you don't) So they ended up sleeping there until 9 o'clock when Kogoro was sober enough to walk. 

And that's how they got back to the agency in time for breakfast which was what Mouri was making right now, Edogawa was out somewhere and Kogoro was reading the newspaper like usual while Irene was helping Mouri in the kitchen. While going around the kitchen to help Mouri, Irene was thinking about today's date. 

July 8th, her birthday. 

She had stopped celebrating it ever since Minami died even if she knew it was her actual birthday and not the day she was adopted since it wouldn't have been the same but that doesn't mean she forgot it.

'I wonder if Kuroba-kun remembered... Since if he did his next phone call would probably be a magic trick or something.' she knew that was his way of celebrating birthdays, after all, she was just hoping he wouldn't make it so it would be hard to clean off later.

After another minute, the food was finally done. Mouri said "Irene-chan, could you call Otousan upstairs for breakfast?" Irene nodded and went to the agency on the second floor to call the elder detective up.

"Ojisan, breakfast is ready." Kogoro looked up and nodded saying "I'll be there in a second." she smiled and closed the door. She was going to go back up to the apartment, only to see Edogawa was back and was going up the stairs.

"Edogawa-kun?" he flinched before turning to her which of course made her curious but she kind of figured out what's going on already so she just said, "Breakfast is ready so I hope you're hungry." before catching up to him on the top of the stairs.

He blinked and nodded which made her smile slightly at him before opening the door and going inside to see that Mouri had finished setting up the table. She looked up and when she saw Edogawa she exclaimed "Conan-kun Okaeri! Go and wash your hands you two before you eat your food." the duo replied "Hai!" before going to the bathroom to wash their hands.

Kogoro was on the table when they got out so they all sat down at their spots on the food table then said "Itadakimasu!" before eating their breakfast. 

~~

"Gochisosama!" all four of them said after eating their food. Irene stood up and went to the kitchen holding her now dirty plate then put it in the sink before she washed it and let it dry. She was going down the stairs to the agency when she heard a certain phonebooth ring.