Chapter 83

I woke up it was still dark outside. I grabbed my phone and checked the time it's 2 in the morning. I got out of bed and I felt something was wrong. I saw Jane asleep in her sleeping bag. I wanted to wake her up but decide not to. I headed downstairs and sat down on the couch in the dark living room.

I felt myself freeze up but I was able to get out of it myself. I got up and started to feel myself freeze up again. I tried to get to my room before I froze but I fell and rolled down the stairs and everything went black.

*Jane's POV*

I woke up and looked at Jacklynn's bed but she wasn't there. I rolled up my sleeping bag and checked the time on my phone. 10:30. I walked out of the room and headed downstairs when I saw Jacklynn laying at the bottom of the stairs.

"Jacklynn?!" I said running to her. "Jackie wake up! Anita, Brian!" I screamed.

Anita and Brian came running and saw Jacklynn laying on the ground.

"Oh my God!" Brian exclaimed.

"What happened?" Anita asked.

"I don't know I just found her here." I said.

"We can't leave her here." Brian said picking her up.

"I'll call Roger." Anita said as Brian took Jacklynn to her room.

He laid her down on her bed and felt her pulse on her neck and wrist.

"Nothing." Brian said. "No pulse."

"No." I said with tears in my eyes.

"Stay with her." Brian said running out.

I walked up to her and put my hand on her head. I moved my hand down to her neck then to her wrist.

"Nothing." I said with tears running down my cheek.

Roger ran in with Anita and Brian and I backed away watching Roger check her pulse.

"What happened to her?" Roger asked.

"I don't know I found her at the bottom of the stairs." I said.

"She froze again." Roger said. "She was probably going back to her room when she froze and fell down the stairs."

"When did you find her?" Roger asked.

"It was some time around 10:30." I said.

He put his hand on her forehead and moved it down to her cheek then to her arm. He tried everything to get her to unfreeze but nothing worked.

"She's cold, ice cold." Roger said. "The only thing I know to do is to take her to the R.A.N hospital but it's-."

"It's shut down." I said.

"Yeah." Roger said.

"So we're just gonna leave her like that?" Brian asked. "There has to be something you can do."

"There might be." Roger said walking out and we followed him downstairs.

"Where are you going?" Anita asked.

"There's some stuff I have to get, I'll be back in an hour maybe 2 or more." Roger said.

Brian got in the way of the door stopping him from leaving.

"We can't just leave her like that for hours!" Brian yelled.

I have never heard Brian yell it kind of freaked me out.

"Brian the longer I'm here the longer I'll be out getting what I need." Roger said. "I'll be back, I'll try to be quick...I promise."

"Hurry." Brian said moving away from the door.